Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Mar 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Just keep checking, i know a Dibber managed to get some the other day after checking 3 times a day, if not, definitely do rope drop. Its an incredible ride and i would happily wait an hour for it. There are no other rides i would say that for.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

I have no idea if this will work for FOP, but I was watching a You Tube video yesterday...

They basically keep flicking between the times - they hit 10.30, then 11.00 then back to 10.30 and just keep going. They filmed it, and it was totally bizarre because times would pop up, then it would say none at all, then it would offer 3 times... they basically just played around with it and always got times they wanted!

Our tickets won't get activated for months so I can't try it, but it's definitely something I'll try when we're there!

I'm also pretty sure the Trackers on your tube got a very last minute FOP fastpass on one of their recent vlogs, so don't despair, it might just take a bit of time.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

We were staying off site last October and managed to get a FOP fastpass before we went although it was for a late time. I frequently checked and eventually managed to get one for 0915 hrs which tied in well with our 0800 hrs Tusker breakfast. You just have to keep checking.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
cmpjdp
Imagineer

We never managed to get a FP so got to the gates just before 8, they let you in about 8.30 -8.45 we were on it by 9.15. When we walked out the queue was at 3 hours.
Old 31 Mar 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tka
slightly serious Dibber

tka's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by cmpjdp View Post
We never managed to get a FP so got to the gates just before 8, they let you in about 8.30 -8.45 we were on it by 9.15. When we walked out the queue was at 3 hours.
wow! See I wouldn't spend 3 hours in a queue... no way!

We're gunna just go for rope drop if we can't secure our FP for it.
Old 31 Mar 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Don't despair I managed to get a FOP FP for a couple of days for our next visit at less than 30 days out. I had already booked my 3 different FPs at Animal Kingdom for the days but then just looked to modify them and the FOP came up. Both are late of the evening but to be honest that was fine.

Michelle

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

Edited at 06:06 PM.
walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I'm in the same boat also trying to get some. If I've already picked three I'm assuming I just go into one and modify to see if anything available? Do I have to scroll through all the times too? They don't make it easy at all.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tka
slightly serious Dibber

tka's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by walden64 View Post
Don't despair I managed to get a FOP FP for a couple of days for our next visit at less than 30 days out. I had already booked my 3 different FPs at Animal Kingdom for the days but then just looked to modify them and the FOP came up. Both are late of the evening but to be honest that was fine.

Michelle
Will I be allowed to just book 2 fast passes, say for example, Navi River and Everest? Or do I need to book all 3? Would like to keep one obvs free in case FOP did come up nearer the time...
Old 31 Mar 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I'm in the same boat also trying to get some. If I've already picked three I'm assuming I just go into one and modify to see if anything available? Do I have to scroll through all the times too? They don't make it easy at all.
Originally Posted by tka View Post
Will I be allowed to just book 2 fast passes, say for example, Navi River and Everest? Or do I need to book all 3? Would like to keep one obvs free in case FOP did come up nearer the time...
If you have booked Navi River you will need to modify that to check for FOP because of the tiers. It also won't show you any times that clash with your other FPs.

You don't have to scroll through all times, if the timeslot you are looking at has no availability it will show you the closest available time
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
prthomas
Trading Disney Pins

An alternative tactic instead of rope drop is to consider a last-minute queue - Josh details it here - anyone in the queue at closing is allowed to ride, so join just before close - the big benefit is there will be no fast pass line, so the whole capacity will be standby, Josh estimates about 4x the capacity for standby so about 1 hour usually in the line.
prthomas is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List