Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Sep 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm so sad for the elderly man and angry at the carer.
Glad you spoke up and reported the situation .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree, this needed reporting. I don’t call window shopping in Tesco a treat at all. He should be taken to a cafe or a park or a stroll around town maybe, who would think Tesco is a treat 😀 ?

Maybe the carer just needs to have training, often the people employed to do this are inexperienced and not had sufficient training with older people. But by reporting this, it can be looked into and hopefully the gentleman will get an enjoyable day out from now on
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I would report it and the fact that you care shows you are good at your job ..My mum lived at my sisters and her carers who were supposed to support us stayed 5 mins for a 30 min appointment or 10 min for an hour... We didn't know what to do and my mum didn't want to 'offend' them We ended up for timing reasons having to change care providers and realised what real carers should be doing and willingly.
I don't know why anyone should be paid to dot heir own thing. I'm not sure the buying clothes for a client excuse either.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lindyT
Apprentice Imagineer

This is all so sad. Why on earth does she not go to the cafe with him! I think all of us on here feel the same,and would never ever treat an elderly Gentleman/or Lady in such a manor.How awful for him to sit by the tills eating a cake on his "trip" out! It's bringing tears to my eyes just imagining him sitting like that. As another poster said please,please make management aware . Does he have family? Can they be alerted? So pleased he has you to look out for him. Kind regards, Linda
lindyT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You must report it please. If people don't report, bad practice continues!
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

You absolutely did the right thing reporting it. This gentleman is entitled to decent care and if that means weekly outings then his carer should be focusing solely on him during this time.

I often see a small group of care home residents in a local teashop, accompanied by one of the carers who joins in the conversations, enjoying afternoon tea. They all look incredibly happy and if I ever need full time care then that's the first care home I'll be looking at!
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridafever View Post
Being a carer I would definitely say something, we all have a duty of care and this could be seen as client being taken advantage of, I would also try and pre plan activities with client before external carers arrive.
Exactly the same here. I have one person who likes going to the same place each week but that’s out of choice. If this man wanted to go Tesco each week fine but I wouldn’t be doing my shopping at the same time or be sitting on my phone!

Well done for letting someone know OP. Dodgy carers like that let us all down 😞
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
This is awful, I'm so glad you reported it, my heart breaks for him.
As a carer who is taking him out why would you not find out some things he may like to do and arrange something? I can't understand people who do this type of job and not do it right? but I guess like every other one there are good and bad. I hope he gets a lovely carer who actually takes a interest.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree with so many here and think you would be doing the right thing in reporting this.

It made for very uncomfortable reading, what's the matter with people these days, opportunists on every corner.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

i would ring adult social care too and report it to them too. If this carer is doing this to him then they'll be doing it to someone else.
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List