Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Sep 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by ansi41 View Post
I am really struggling with anxiety at the moment which is a first for me. I have had to take a new job on due to financial problems but this job is not really what I wanted but I feel that I have to carry on as we need the money. I only started it on Monday but I feel that I should know more that I do so I am crying at the drop of a hat, my stomach feels all upset and I feel like running away. I keep trying to tell myself it's early days in this new job and there is a lot to learn but it doesn't help that it's in a small call centre taking orders, so i can't really blag it if I don't know something. I always said I wouldn't have a call centre job but here I am
So sorry for rambling and I don't want to hijack your thread but I have been taking my dog for a walk when I get back from work and having a bit of a cry. It doesn't take the worry away but it takes my mind off it for a bit. I don't think that my age is helping, I'm 48 so maybe the start of the odd menopausal symptom
Hope you're ok x
Just wanted to say I'm sorry your struggling at the moment..one thing my mum always says to me, and I find it reassures me. Is... "everything is for a season. .bad times wont last forever, just as surely as the good times don't either" and also "this too shall pass"
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pinkpeoney View Post
Anxiety is horrible, but you do kind of learn to cope with it. I find it's easier to shake if you don't let it get a hold if you and catch it quick. I usually recognise if its getting bad and start overfilling my mind with positive thoughts. It's an effort to do this in the beginning but gets easier.
And yes closer to a holiday it gets worse, to the extent that I could easily not go 😂
But I make myself anyway as I won't let it rule my life. And it goes away as soon as I get there.
Wishing you a fantastic holiday 😀

Thank you very much I am sure we will have a great time. Sorry to read you have anxiety I will try your positive thinking tip. You sound like you have a very positive way of coping with it and going on holiday when you feel you want to cancel is a massive achievement 😉. Xx
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
Yes I find I get anxious but don’t seem as bad as I used to be since I started booking an airport hotel the night before. Don’t know why it would make a difference as the anxiety wasn’t really related to missing the flight.
Glad to read your anxiety is reducing after booking a hotel. Its such a puzzling thing I am glad I started this thread as I feel a little better knowing that its not just me. I've never heard of pre holiday anxiety before.
Old 26 Sep 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
What does anxiety feel like? Last two weeks I have had awful knot in my stomach and very on edge so wasn't sure it was that. Hope you can ease yours x
For me, if my anxiety is really bad, my body begins to feel like it’s shutting down and can’t do the things it normally does. For example, taking a simple step forward. When it’s not too bad, I feel like I’m about to take an exam. Other symptoms I get are palpitations.

I tried the technique of name 5things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 you can hear, 2 you can smell and 1 you can taste with my DS9 who gets anxious before a flight. It really helped.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ansi41 View Post
I am really struggling with anxiety at the moment which is a first for me. I have had to take a new job on due to financial problems but this job is not really what I wanted but I feel that I have to carry on as we need the money. I only started it on Monday but I feel that I should know more that I do so I am crying at the drop of a hat, my stomach feels all upset and I feel like running away. I keep trying to tell myself it's early days in this new job and there is a lot to learn but it doesn't help that it's in a small call centre taking orders, so i can't really blag it if I don't know something. I always said I wouldn't have a call centre job but here I am
So sorry for rambling and I don't want to hijack your thread but I have been taking my dog for a walk when I get back from work and having a bit of a cry. It doesn't take the worry away but it takes my mind off it for a bit. I don't think that my age is helping, I'm 48 so maybe the start of the odd menopausal symptom
Hope you're ok x
Aww so sorry to read your post. Please dont feel sorry or apologise for getting it all out. I am glad you feel you can share whats going on with you just now. I've been in a job I hated before and remember how down it got me. I lasted 3 months and ended up signed off sick. I ended up leaving and starting my own cleaning business. Its strange how the twists and turns of life work out. It is early days for you and I hope things work out could you maybe keep an eye out for another job?
Glad to read your getting out with your dog that will do your mind and body the world of good. When I get anxiety I get agoraphobia with it so I am a bit stuck in the house just now however I will try and take the dog out tom. Sending you hugs and lots of luck. Xx
P.S if you ever need a chat I am always here.
Old 26 Sep 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I am always like this in the few days before a holiday, to the point where if someone said to me 'you don't have to go' then I would happily accept it and not travel. Mine disappears as soon as I sit in my seat on the plane, have my iPad downloaded with programmes that I enjoy, a gin and tonic on my tray and a nice bag of Walkers cheese and onion (sorry for the smell fellow travellers!). From then on I feel absolutely fine. Its so weird but the anxiety beforehand is crippling so I can totally sympathise.

Thank you MaryPoppins its a comfort to know I am not alone in feeling like this. I like your travel plans although mine will be a red wine. Xx
Old 26 Sep 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Oh the dreaded anxiety. This has truly plagued my life and even when an upcoming event is supposed to be a happy one- like a holiday, it starts to creep in until it’s unbearable. I’m having to battle it right now in order to start a new chapter/endeavour in my life, it honestly does feel like a battle and I’m exhausted today. Every time I’ve been to Florida or any holiday I’ve had to fight this and have to have medication. You are not alone, a fact that has brought me a great deal of comfort. I spent too many years feeling like a freak and that everyone else could be normal and handle things apart from me.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
Oh the dreaded anxiety. This has truly plagued my life and even when an upcoming event is supposed to be a happy one- like a holiday, it starts to creep in until it’s unbearable. I’m having to battle it right now in order to start a new chapter/endeavour in my life, it honestly does feel like a battle and I’m exhausted today. Every time I’ve been to Florida or any holiday I’ve had to fight this and have to have medication. You are not alone, a fact that has brought me a great deal of comfort. I spent too many years feeling like a freak and that everyone else could be normal and handle things apart from me.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. your right anxiety does drain you and it is a battle. I think your very brave standing up to your anxiety and pushing through to get to a new chapter in your life. Xx
Old 27 Sep 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

My DH suffers from holiday anxiety to such a point that if I wasn’t there he would be packing whilst driving to the airport as he procrastinated until the last possible minute so he does get nervous thinking about it. .

I tend to take charge of all of the planning and de risk everything as much as possible. We always stay in an airport hotel the day before so he has chance to relax ahead of the holiday. If not he is physically ill through nerves.

I wish you the best. I rely on lists to check things off to make sure I’m ok. Perhaps this could help.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
My DH suffers from holiday anxiety to such a point that if I wasn’t there he would be packing whilst driving to the airport as he procrastinated until the last possible minute so he does get nervous thinking about it. .

I tend to take charge of all of the planning and de risk everything as much as possible. We always stay in an airport hotel the day before so he has chance to relax ahead of the holiday. If not he is physically ill through nerves.

I wish you the best. I rely on lists to check things off to make sure I’m ok. Perhaps this could help.
Thanks for your helpful advice and I am so sorry to read about your husband. I am going shopping tomorrow for last minute bits n bobs I will write a list tonight and see if it helps calm me. I forced myself to get dressed today and take my dog out for a hour walk. I have to say it did make a difference as I felt it calmed me down a bit. Yesterday was really horrible I was having panic attacks and everything.