Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Nov 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Must be a nightmare to clean up after, a burst pipe is bad enough let alone something like this.. really feel for everyone involved
I said last time it happened how cruel mother nature was sometimes, that happened over a good few days of consistent raining, this time if was 24 hours of hea u rain but ground was already saturated and that's not helped. Although we are grateful this time we arnt flooded we are sorry for those that are.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So sad seeing my friends updates on Facebook can’t believe retail works copped it again. They need to invest serious money this time instead of fobbing us off 😡 who cares we are up north as usual 😡
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
So sad seeing my friends updates on Facebook can’t believe retail works copped it again. They need to invest serious money this time instead of fobbing us off 😡 who cares we are up north as usual 😡
Horrible pics arnt there Sam, I've seen some awful flooding inside houses at Whiston. Xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Sam, that’s terrible news, I’m so pleased your house isn’t actually affected but it must be devastating for the area and for your friends and neighbours and for others in this position around the country.

We have a river running alongside our home, which can get quite high and is scary, but thankfully hasn’t ever caused flooding. We love where we live and, as especially as DH has lived there all his life, we feel safe enough and wouldn’t consider moving but it does make us realise how dangerous high waters can be.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Large parts of my town have flooded, including pretty much a whole village a few miles from me. It’s absolutely heartbreaking for those directly affected. The army are now here, and we are all watching the forecast for tomorrow carefully.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by windsor_hills View Post
Large parts of my town have flooded, including pretty much a whole village a few miles from me. It’s absolutely heartbreaking for those directly affected. The army are now here, and we are all watching the forecast for tomorrow carefully.
Hopefully the rain won’t be as bad tomorrow 🤞, it’s all dry as far as I’m aware now in Rotherham, there’s only a handful of shops at parkgate still not open. Catcliffe flash and Treeton nearest to me all routes are open now but it’s a right mess and boggy.Our local community centre is doing a collection of hints for people affected, we went to Poundland today and bought two big bags full of cleaning materials , bin bags , cleaning cloths etc etc , in 2007 when we flooded we received care packages from villagers in Boscastle who had been flooded years before, people who had been through similar heartbreaking situations.
Fingers crossed again the rain tomorrow is nowhere near as bad as last weeks x
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Hopefully the rain won’t be as bad tomorrow 🤞, it’s all dry as far as I’m aware now in Rotherham, there’s only a handful of shops at parkgate still not open. Catcliffe flash and Treeton nearest to me all routes are open now but it’s a right mess and boggy.Our local community centre is doing a collection of hints for people affected, we went to Poundland today and bought two big bags full of cleaning materials , bin bags , cleaning cloths etc etc , in 2007 when we flooded we received care packages from villagers in Boscastle who had been flooded years before, people who had been through similar heartbreaking situations.
Fingers crossed again the rain tomorrow is nowhere near as bad as last weeks x
Oh god is it forecast to be bad again? I haven’t even looked.
Darent go to Parkgate yet in case I get stuck. Luckily our new house or old houses weren’t anywhere near any flood but trying to get Home from donny to Worksop all the back routes it was terrible. I’m sticking to the motorways in hopes they never flood.

Feel sorry for the storyteller.

I could have sworn they had “done something” about the river to prevent this.

And didn’t the swans get caught up in all it too ? Covered in oil or something
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

We are on red alert today here in Doncaster as the heavy rain is due to start around about 9/10am this morning.
The rumours going around are that Fishlake’s flood waters were deliberately directed that way to avoid another 2007 repeat of the flooding in Tollbar in Doncaster. As Fishlake and it’s surrounding area has not flooded in over 100 years and remembering what was said about the diversion of the flood water in 2007 away from other areas, at that time occupied by high up officials of Doncaster Council, I’m inclined to believe there’s a element of truth in these rumours, of course Doncaster Council and the Environment Agency won’t be taking any responsibility.
nasty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

I hope you all get sorted and are looked after and not forgotten about by those in charge.
Up here in Cumbria we have had it awful in past years, so totally get how you are feeling.
I am at a loss that they still allow building on flood plains. 😔

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Oh god is it forecast to be bad again? I haven’t even looked.
Darent go to Parkgate yet in case I get stuck. Luckily our new house or old houses weren’t anywhere near any flood but trying to get Home from donny to Worksop all the back routes it was terrible. I’m sticking to the motorways in hopes they never flood.

Feel sorry for the storyteller.

I could have sworn they had “done something” about the river to prevent this.

And didn’t the swans get caught up in all it too ? Covered in oil or something
It's raining now but nothing like this time last week but whether it gets worse or not I'm not sure, fingers crossed it doesn't for all those affected. I think most of Parkgate is open this morning now, we were up that way Tuesday evening for daughters swimming and everything was moving okay, the road leading to Parkgate wasn't cordoned off and cars were going along the road, I think a lot of the swans at back of home flair which flooded near Parkgate were displaced, we saw swans and ducks in our local park at weekend, we are quite near to cat liffe flash which flooded badly so I suppose a lot were moving about. A lot of money was spent on the defenses on the Don in Sheffield and it pretty much worked, there was a lot of flooding but not as much but it clearly impacted most on Doncaster further down the water course. I bet those poor souls are looking up to the skies today and praying it gets no worse xx