Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Feb 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Post office counter - Amazing service

I went into the post office and in my usual friendly manner I said "Hi, can I please post this envelope guaranteed next delivery please."
The woman behind the counter said "It's too late for next day delivery, it will go tomorrow and arrive the day after."
I said "why can't it go today."
She said "because it's past the time."
I said "what time does it have to be in by."
She said "4.30."
I showed her my iphone and said "it's only 4.31."
After a pause the lady said "okay I will do it this time."
I then paid the £6.60 for it and once the labels were were stuck on it, she threw it in a sack behind her.

I am considering nominating the lady for employee of the year for her incredible customer service.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I went into the post office and in my usual friendly manner I said "Hi, can I please post this envelope guaranteed next delivery please."
The woman behind the counter said "It's too late for next day delivery, it will go tomorrow and arrive the day after."
She said "4.30."
I then paid the £6.60 for it and once the labels were were stuck on it, she threw it in a sack behind her.

I am considering nominating the lady for employee of the year for her incredible customer service.
Wait until it's delivered tomorrow before you do anything rash!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
She said "4.30."

Did you offer her any “favours” for doing it?
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
She probably threw it in the bin when you walked out!
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

And people wonder why the post offices are closing and failing ! I use an alternative every time I can - they rely too much as being an old time service provider and I am afraid where I have choice I exercise that and choose to use any provider but the post office
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Both our local Sub Post Offices shut down sadly. There is only 1 'counter' now and that's in a Newsagents shop.

I must say the Staff in there are brilliant and of course the opening hours are much longer.

However there is only 1 staff member and I always seem to arrive just behind the E Bay seller who has 2 million parcels to send and wants each one signed for and tracked.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Both our local Sub Post Offices shut down sadly. There is only 1 'counter' now and that's in a Newsagents shop.

I must say the Staff in there are brilliant and of course the opening hours are much longer.

However there is only 1 staff member and I always seem to arrive just behind the E Bay seller who has 2 million parcels to send and wants each one signed for and tracked.
I always get behind the person having their passport checked!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Our local post office are unbelievably patronising, especially to older customers, rude and condescending.

They recently won regional award for top sub post office.

It's all in the training I guess...
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Our local post office closed when the post mistress retired. The shop is now a Premier store and run by the most amazing guy who has fought hard for 2 yrs to get our post office back. He’s there from 6am till 10pm every day and the PO is open for all those hours. We love our PO and so do all the local residents
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a small post office counter in a local convenience store. They're open all hours, 7 days a week. Obviously the post doesn't go at 10pm on a Saturday, or 3pm on a Sunday, but the counter is open and you can guarantee to get served with a smile. I don't visit the post office at all any more because these people are so helpful
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List