Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Feb 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink86
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Well I’ve had such a terrible day!
Basically virgin gave me the quote yesterday, I wrote it all down, she emailed me it - it was near closing so i said I would phone today and sort it out. Checked with the hubby and kids - all good with them too.
Or so we thought...

Phone up today, they tell me the upgrade price is now over £1100! Absolutely mortified 😭
I know prices change but seriously. They tried to tell me that it was a pricing error, then the woman told me wrong, then it was my fault as I misheard.

So that’s that bloody idea down the drainpipe.
Was so looking forward to staying onsite with the kids, experiencing “Disney” if you get me.
I just wish we’d done our research before we booked and could have gotten advice from here on what was the best!
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink86
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Disney said we can’t cancel CBR unless we forfeit the whole amount we paid - £50 pp = £200 which is what we paid.
Disney works out at £1354 to upgrade to CSR and the QSDP.
Old 17 Feb 20, 05:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tink86 View Post
Disney said we can’t cancel CBR unless we forfeit the whole amount we paid - £50 pp = £200 which is what we paid.
I am a bit confused who you booked or are now pricing up with, Disney or Virgin. If you booked the CBR directly with Disney (WDTC) and want to change it with Disney, then there is no reason why you could not change the booking without losing the initial deposit. Obviously if you want to cancel a WDTC booking and rebook via Virgin you are going to forfeit the WDTC deposit as it is a different company.

I think there was a pricing error originally. I saw your thread yesterday and could not see how the change could only be £380 difference. The dining plan would be £40 per adult and £18 per child per day so that is £580-£800 for five days depending on ages, the Disney accommodation would undoubtedly be more expensive than your original accommodation too, I can’t see that five less days of car hire could have brought the difference down to £380. So unfortunately I think it was a mistake, that said £1354 does seem a bit high.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tink86 View Post
You should be able to amend your Disney booking rather than cancel and rebook however there are a lot of variables. If you booked during the free dining period and booked park tickets with Disney they may allow you to change your booking and get free dining. If you didn’t book park tickets with your CBR booking or booked out with free dining then you’ll need to pay whatever CSR was at the time you booked CBR. You also couldn’t get free dining. If you want to pay for dining plan you need to buy tickets as part of the package but if that’s the situation you’re in I wouldn’t pay for QSDP.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List