Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Feb 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile My Disney experience

Hi,

How do you personally use MDE? At the moment, I have it on my phone and I do all the bookings etc, but I’m just setting it up on DH’s phone too and I’m insecure whether it’s best to set up a separate account for him, or for us just to use the same log in.

My parents are also going with us but have their own room reference so they’ll need their own account to check in and I guess I’ll just link the accounts up? I’ve already got them set up as guests that I can make plans for, but I need to link that up to their own account.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Last year when my parents came for the first time I got them to do create a my Disney experience account online on the website so that they could pick magic bands. I then linked our accounts and made all the ADRs and FPs as it was their first trip so I was planning everything.

Before we went I got my mum to put MDE on her phone, mainly so that I could check out how many QS and snacks credits they had left. I don't think they used it for anything themselves.

I also get my husband to put MDE on his phone before a trip, but it's my account that logs in, rather than his own login. I'm thinking this might be handy for getting a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance if they are still needed this summer.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah I was thinking about boarding passes and wondered if it would be better to use the same account or different ones. I kind of hope they start doing fastpasses by the time I get there.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Is anyone else having trouble with MDE lately?
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with MDE lately?
Yes, so frustrating. I couldn't book any ADRs on Friday as it wouldn't show past day 1 (staying on-site so should have had 10 days open).
I can't add any other people and various other issues. I'm going to have to ring the tech support and hope they can fix it. I don't want the same problems when it's time to book FP!
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Hi,

How do you personally use MDE? At the moment, I have it on my phone and I do all the bookings etc, but I’m just setting it up on DH’s phone too and I’m insecure whether it’s best to set up a separate account for him, or for us just to use the same log in.

My parents are also going with us but have their own room reference so they’ll need their own account to check in and I guess I’ll just link the accounts up? I’ve already got them set up as guests that I can make plans for, but I need to link that up to their own account.
DH and I use the same MDE account, I cannot see any reason why it would be beneficial for us to have one each. If anything it would seem to be more complicated, in having to link things up twice, actually I guess we wouldn't be able to anyway as our hotel and tickets are on the same reservation number so we could only link it up to one of us.

Your parents don't have to set up their own account, you could add them as family and friends and link their reservation up to your account. That said, in this case, I think it is better that they do set up their own account, I always think it makes sense for each separate mini family unit to have their own account so that they can more easily manage their own bookings especially on days when you might do things separately.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I am a very basic user.

It records my hotel booking, tickets and i choose my MBands.

I phone for ADRs. I do not use mobile ordering for QS, i queue.

I book fastpasses at 60. I do not add any more at the park.

It captures my MDE shots.

Thats all.

Disney332
Old 17 Feb 20, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I had a problems linking tickets and had to ring the disney helpdesk. I was talking to him about MDE and he said that before you go to Disney you're better off using the actual website, but when you are there the app really comes into its own
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List