Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 18 Feb 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Harky1985
New Poster (2)

First Timer - Itinerary Pressure!

Hi, first timer to Disney world and been left to organise everything so feeling a bit of pressure in case the trip is a disaster!

We are planning a three week holiday, first 6 nights on site at Port Orleans Riverside with Disney dining plan, followed by a villa. Fast pass day is coming up soon. Can I ask opinions on the rough plan for our on site stay?

I should add that we are 4 adults (two 30yo, two 50yo), 5 year old and 18 months. We’re happy to ‘go for it’ in first week knowing we can slow down at villa. My parents are happy to do their own thing from time to time, and we’ll give kids a break at pool etc when they need it.

Day 1:
Arrive 530
Disney springs - dinner

Day 2:
Magic Kingdom
17:25 Dinner at Story Book Artist Point
Return to Magic Kingdom (or possibly Hollywood studios for evening EMH)

Day 3:
Animal kingdom (morning EMH)
1155 lunch at Tusker House, Rivers of Light package

Day 4
Hollywood Studios AM
Possible afternoon break
1700 dinner Yachtsman Steakhouse
Epcot evening EMH

Day 5:
Pool/chill morning
15:00 Bibbidi bobbidi Boutique
16:10 dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table
Magic Kingdom (evening EMH)

Day 6:
Epcot AM
12:00 Lunch Teppan-edo
Hollywood Studios PM

Day 7:
Magic Kingdom for EMH
Park hop to Animal Kingdom (last day we can bag early fast passes so thought this was best chance for Avator rides)
Leave for villa @ 4ish

Thoughts?

Edited at 10:15 AM.
Harky1985 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bradz
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Looks good 👍🏻
I’ve seen some silly ones where people are going to the parks on day 1.

Definitely need the break on day 5 and can always cancel the evening EMH if the kids are not up for it.

For me personally I think there is more to do at AK than MK and noticed last time that I could easily do MK in a day and would rather spend more time at AK.

Day 4 - Maybe a firework display as you’ve got the day off the following day?
Bradz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

i think you and the kids will be ready for an early night on day 2 so perhaps a return to a park is ambitious?

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post

I think you have some long days, possibly too many evening EMHs in there, the one at MK can be really crowded and not pleasant.

On your first day, I don’t think I would return to MK after dinner as you will have already spent the day there and it sounds exhausting on day two. The following day is also long, I could not go for morning EMH and then last until ROL. We can do long days, but we don’t have young children with us and we would never stay that long in a single park.

You will definitely get FOP on your seventh day in, you will possibly get it on day three too. These days, I always book MK and Epcot for my first two full park days, pushing AK and HS until later increases the odds of getting the hard to get fast passes.

Overall though, don’t let yourself feel pressure over this, there is no need. Of course you are going to enjoy the holiday, there is no correct way to plan it.

I know people will pore over busy day guides, I don’t bother as different ones say different things. I know it is better to go to a water park Monday to Wednesday, I plan short park days or rest days at the weekends and I make a reasonable attempt to alternate what park on what day. Other than that, I put little thought into it - I will rephrase that, I spend a lot of time on my plan, what I don’t do is worry about is whether I am doing things “correctly” or not.

Edited at 10:33 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
be1985
Trying for More Ears

We are going for our first time too this October with our 5 year old son.

This is more of a general dining comment,as I can't comment on disney specifically, but our son with a similar time zone change quite often refused dinner (even an early 5pm dinner) for the first few days and we had quite a few restaurant melt downs. Could you move your Story Book dining later on in your holiday? Even going back to Disney during one of your Villa days when everyone is feeling a bit more sensible?
be1985 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I would not go to Disney Springs on your arrival day, and just enjoy food at your resort - you'll be knackered and may not want to venture out.

Apart from that, I'd swap day 4 and 5 - better to have a chill/pool morning on the 3rd full day. I tend to have a chill day every 3 days.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

For days 1-3 we had a similar-ish plan. We ended up scrapping Disney springs on arrival evening - it took 3 hours from landing to leaving airport (I think we were pretty unlucky though) and decided just to eat at POR. Did AK on day 2 but left around 2pm and had a chill out afternoon and nap before going back in evening. Likewise, the following day we did EMH in Magic Kingdom till early afternoon then went back to hotel. I think we then did Disney Springs in evening for dinner.
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Harky1985
New Poster (2)

Mobile

Thanks for the replies. Definitely will be a lot more rest time built in here as a lot will be dependent on kids. I also heard we’ll likely be up from 4am with jet lag on the first day so we’ll probably be ready for an early bed time!

The arrival time allows for 3 hours at airport so I’m hopeful we might make it to resort before 530. Has anyone dined at POR before?
Harky1985 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Harky1985 View Post
Thanks for the replies. Definitely will be a lot more rest time built in here as a lot will be dependent on kids. I also heard we’ll likely be up from 4am with jet lag on the first day so we’ll probably be ready for an early bed time!

The arrival time allows for 3 hours at airport so I’m hopeful we might make it to resort before 530. Has anyone dined at POR before?
Don’t assume you will be up at 4am with jet lag, we never have been, we wake up at a normal time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

The quick service is nice at POR. As for jet lag, in my experience I'm up between 4 and 5 but it could down to excitement!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List