Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Nov 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LoonyWitch
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile CSR v CBR

Hi! We’re currently booked in at CSR for summer next year, however, CBR has now become available. Before I contact TA and check if there’s any chance of switching and keeping our free dining, I’m looking for opinions! Travelling with DH & DS (6).
LoonyWitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Not stayed at CSR, but we love CBR. We got back a couple of weeks ago and didn't want to leave. The Skyliner was great too - 4 minutes to HS and 10 minutes to EP. The pool is great fun and we love the feel and look of the resort. CSR is also a convention resort, and I've read that it has a more adult feel. I'm sure there are plenty of children there, but possibly a more adult feel due to needing to appeal to business people.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

CSR is constantly referred to as deluxe at moderate prices

Going there for the 1st time near year.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Having stayed at both I would probably have chosen CBR in the past however I don’t like the Skyliner so have been put off CBR. CSR is a beautiful resort but it’s quite big. We stayed in Casitas and just that one area seemed to go on forever. I would say it depends on how you feel about the Skyliner and if you think it’s worth paying extra for as CBR, certainly for our dates, is more expensive than CSR.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LoonyWitch
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thanks guys! There’s actually a £1 difference in what we paid to what CBR is now for the 2 weeks (both preferred rooms). CSR is now a £1 cheaper than CBR so I’m guessing it would be just the admin fee?

CBR was our first choice but they only had pirate rooms which bumped the price up a few hundred quid. I must say I’m quite torn.

I may have read somewhere that CBR wouldn’t allow you to switch your drink out for a snack which would be a negative although we won’t eat there 100% of the time so i really don’t know
LoonyWitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LoonyWitch View Post
Thanks guys! There’s actually a £1 difference in what we paid to what CBR is now for the 2 weeks (both preferred rooms). CSR is now a £1 cheaper than CBR so I’m guessing it would be just the admin fee?

CBR was our first choice but they only had pirate rooms which bumped the price up a few hundred quid. I must say I’m quite torn.

I may have read somewhere that CBR wouldn’t allow you to switch your drink out for a snack which would be a negative although we won’t eat there 100% of the time so i really don’t know
I really thought I would miss swapping out the drink for a snack as we did it so much on our last trip, however we really didn't. We still ate loads too! They did let us at Spyglass Grille, just not the main food court. Personally, I wouldn't base my choice of resort in that. I'd base it in where I want to stay for the style, facilities etc as we eat out so much anyway. I wrote a food report that includes some of the CBR options that you might find a useful read: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150176

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 12:04 AM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by LoonyWitch View Post

I personally wouldn’t stay in a pirate room so if the choice was between that and CSR I’d definitely move. But again that’s personal choice as I don’t have kids.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post

I have recently stayed at CBR and have CSR booked for December 2020. I booked a regular room for CBR but was put into a pirate room. I booked a standard water view for CSR but my invoice came out with Tower water view.

I didn’t mind the pirate room at CBR at all, it wasn’t over the top theming like some of the value hotels have. DH was happy with it too. I have done a hotel review which you can access by clicking on the number 7 by hotel reviews under my name on the left. Summing up was that it is a nice room, nice food options but I didn’t like the sprawling out nature of the resort (my first time at one of the spread out ones). The Skyliner opened after I left, to me that would now be a negative assuming they have cut back on bus options.

I am looking forward to CSR because it is new and modern and looks to have some great dining options, I always like to try out dining places where I am staying. I think I will like it more than CBR although obviously can’t say for sure. I would definitely not let ability to swap drink for snack play any part in the decision making process.

Edited at 08:39 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
LoonyWitch
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I really thought I would miss swapping out the drink for a snack as we did it so much on our last trip, however we really didn't. We still ate loads too! They did let us at Spyglass Grille, just not the main food court. Personally, I wouldn't base my choice of resort in that. I'd base it in where I want to stay for the style, facilities etc as we eat out so much anyway. I wrote a food report that includes some of the CBR options that you might find a useful read: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150176
Thanks! I did actually start reading this - it was your thread where I’d read about not being able to swap drink for snacks! I will read the rest
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
LoonyWitch
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have recently stayed at CBR and have CSR booked for December 2020. I booked a regular room for CBR but was put into a pirate room. I booked a standard water view for CSR but my invoice came out with Tower water view.

I didn’t mind the pirate room at CBR at all, it wasn’t over the top theming like some of the value hotels have. DH was happy with it too. I have done a hotel review which you can access by clicking on the number 7 by hotel reviews under my name on the left. Summing up was that it is a nice room, nice food options but I didn’t like the sprawling out nature of the resort (my first time at one of the spread out ones). The Skyliner opened after I left, to me that would now be a negative assuming they have cut back on bus options.

I am looking forward to CSR because it is new and modern and looks to have some great dining options, I always like to try out dining places where I am staying. I think I will like it more than CBR although obviously can’t say for sure. I would definitely not let ability to swap drink for snack play any part in the decision making process.
Tbh, I hadn’t given thought to reduced bus service. How reduced is it? I will read the review later - must make a move a land get ready :/