Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Nov 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ssquared
Getting to know the DIBB

MDE app issues

Previously all bookings/ADRs etc were showing in the MDE app. Now although showing on-line, in the app (after recent update ?) shows:

Resort hotel - brings up prompt to link booking (if you do it just says already linked).
My plans - Thinks about it then says "We are unable to complete your request at this time"

Logged out/reinstalled etc but still the same. Contacted tech support who said they had received similar calls from other UK users (they suggested it may be location related) so they advised using the feedback option to let IT support know of the issue. Fly on Sunday so hopefully will either get sorted or might just work when in US.
ssquared is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve just checked our up and coming trip on the app and all hotel, adr and fast pass details are showing
Old 21 Nov 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
hamsterboy
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by ssquared View Post
Previously all bookings/ADRs etc were showing in the MDE app. Now although showing on-line, in the app (after recent update ?) shows:

Resort hotel - brings up prompt to link booking (if you do it just says already linked).
My plans - Thinks about it then says "We are unable to complete your request at this time"

Logged out/reinstalled etc but still the same. Contacted tech support who said they had received similar calls from other UK users (they suggested it may be location related) so they advised using the feedback option to let IT support know of the issue. Fly on Sunday so hopefully will either get sorted or might just work when in US.
Are you on Android or iOS?

I'm on Android and I'm experiencing the same issues, whilst the wife's iPhone is fine.

The app was last updated on the 13th of November, so it may be a bug introduced then.
hamsterboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ssquared
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by hamsterboy View Post
Are you on Android or iOS?

I'm on Android and I'm experiencing the same issues, whilst the wife's iPhone is fine.

The app was last updated on the 13th of November, so it may be a bug introduced then.
Hi. It's Android 9 (Pie). Dug out an old v5 tablet and managed to load MDE app and it worked so looks like it may be version specific/related to the update so worth using feedback to let them know.

Cheers
ssquared is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Wozi
Imagineer

Wow ... I’m so glad it’s not just me. My Android (Samsung) just isn’t playing ball, while on my iPhone/iPad it’s working just fine. I hadn’t tried loading it on my either my iPhone or iPad until I read this thread.

Edited at 04:12 PM.
Wozi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Must just be the android version mines not working either although everything is fine when I log in via the website. Maybe they use the same procedures as BA.
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi there I've got exactly the same issues. It was our ADR day on Tuesday I managed to get a reservation for my birthday however when I went back in to try and change the time, I've just not been able to. Im constantly getting the sorry we are unable to complete your request at this time. This has been happening since Tuesday. My hotel is not showing, I can't see any of our plans and then it asks for my reservation number but then says it's already linked ☹.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

It looks like its something to do with being in the UK, if I use a VPN on my phone and force it to be in USA it works fine.

If you want to see it, download Uban VPN- free and easy, I would NOT give credit card details over any VPN though, but it's ok for browsing the app
Old 22 Nov 19, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I was told last year for our trip this year that the important thing is that it shows on the website. Things can go a bit wrong in the app as they’re optimising or dealing with stuff, and it doesn’t always work right depending on versions and updates. But the one they do try and have right for sure is the website.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ssquared
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
It looks like its something to do with being in the UK, if I use a VPN on my phone and force it to be in USA it works fine.

If you want to see it, download Uban VPN- free and easy, I would NOT give credit card details over any VPN though, but it's ok for browsing the app
Great work-round. So looks like app should work over there. Will see on Sunday ...