Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Jan 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tumtum
Gone all Goofy

Disney After Hours

Hi Dibbsters,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of Orlando Disney (Magic Kingdom) After Hours?

We're going to Orlando this year, end of March until the Easter weekend, and the parks are gonna be mega busy. Apparently the After Hours runs from 10pm until 1am for limited ticket holders only, at £105 per person, but the ride queues are tiny to none, and drinks/snacks are included.

Expensive but could be worth it if my boys (13 and 14) get to go multiple times on all the main rides. Three hours over the Easter weekend daytime could potentially be only be two rides!?

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thank you!
Tumtum is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post

I have been to Animal Kingdom After Hours twice and the Magic Kingdom one once. I am going to the Villains MK After Hours in April.

Yes the queues are non existent and I think it would be a very good way of combatting Easter queues.

There is really not very much by way of snacks though. We got some water and I think there was some popcorn at places but it also ran out. I would make sure you have dinner beforehand or you will be starving by 1am.

We make a point of having a nice dinner in park before it starts, we went to Tiffins ahead of one of our AK events and we have Cinderella's Royal Table booked for ahead of our Villain's night in April.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Tumtum View Post
Hi Dibbsters,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of Orlando Disney (Magic Kingdom) After Hours?

We're going to Orlando this year, end of March until the Easter weekend, and the parks are gonna be mega busy. Apparently the After Hours runs from 10pm until 1am for limited ticket holders only, at £105 per person, but the ride queues are tiny to none, and drinks/snacks are included.

Expensive but could be worth it if my boys (13 and 14) get to go multiple times on all the main rides. Three hours over the Easter weekend daytime could potentially be only be two rides!?

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thank you!
Hey there I have done Disney after hours a couple of times and I have to say it is by far my favourite extra ticketed event. Even more so than the Christmas and Halloween parties.

Both times there was hardly anyone around the park! We managed to get on everything we wanted more than once.

For example BTM we would just stay on the ride and they kept sending us around and around. Same with the Dark rides!

We also found meeting characters in their meet and greets were so easy and seamless. The princess hall meet and greet we met all 4 princesses in 10 minutes... walk into meeting Ariel and all the others too!

I personally didn’t take advantage as much as others with the complimentary snacks and drinks that were offered. We had a drink each and that was it. Some people were filling up their rucksacks which is fair enough but as we always have the dining plan we never saw the need to do so as our tummies were growing by the day anyway with all the food inc.

We will be booking this for every single trip that we do!

A little tip, get your castle photos half way through the event. Everyone seems to wait until closing and the HUB was the busiest it was all night in the last 30 minutes!

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just jumping on the post 🙊 can anyone that has done the after hours tell me how close to your trip did the dates come out for the after hours?
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Just jumping on the post 🙊 can anyone that has done the after hours tell me how close to your trip did the dates come out for the after hours?
I booked mine about a month before we went! Extra dates were added so i kept an eye on them!

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
I don't know really, wasn't watching out for it. I probably booked a month or two before.
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thank you for the detailed replies! I am hoping on the thread for info and this has been great. Will definitely consider this now.
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I read on another post it's still on even when MNSSHP is on - we are going in August, if so I think we will do After Hours again.

The drinks were bottles - coke products / water, ice creams were Mickey Mouse novelty ones, and popcorn from the carts.

The only busy ride was 7DMT - 30/40 mins- it dropped later and we got one ride on that, but did everything else as walk on- some several times! Nice ot do the full Peter Pan queue - miss a to when using FP.

We prob got done what would normally take 2 full days. We had a couple of ice cream each, shared a popcorn, a a coupe of drinks each and a couple for the road.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
I read on another post it's still on even when MNSSHP is on - we are going in August, if so I think we will do After Hours again.

The drinks were bottles - coke products / water, ice creams were Mickey Mouse novelty ones, and popcorn from the carts.

The only busy ride was 7DMT - 30/40 mins- it dropped later and we got one ride on that, but did everything else as walk on- some several times! Nice ot do the full Peter Pan queue - miss a to when using FP.

We prob got done what would normally take 2 full days. We had a couple of ice cream each, shared a popcorn, a a coupe of drinks each and a couple for the road.
Yes it is definitely on during the same period that MNSSHP is on, we went to both in September last year.
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Thank you - seems a bit much having both at same time, but will use to our advantage if we can.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List