Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Dec 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DebsMK
Very Serious Dibber

We used our EE smart sim phones in September and chose Roam Further as our Swappable Benefit. We also couldn't see any way of just adding a £10 charge for the month and were told we would have to sign up for 6 months.

Back soon!
DebsMK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I know having roaming is handy but villas, restaurants, attractions, shops etc have wifi
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve always managed fine with just wi-fi apart from trying to get an Uber or two when out shopping but always managed it eventually. Have just changed to an EE sim only deal and have the roaming benefit for our next trip. Have 60 gig and hoping it may enable faster speeds in the parks. If you’ve got an old handset take that and buy a cheap short term sim when you get there.
Old 4 Dec 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Disneysid View Post
We are both with EE and wanted to add the US inclusive bundle on to our plans for the month that includes our holiday. I contacted them to add it for £10 like people here had done. I got told over the phone at 3 different customer service numbers and in 3 different shops that wasn’t actually an option. Apparently, it would be £25 per phone and had to be added for a minimum of 6 months! I tried telling them I knew it could be done for the £10 single month option but got repeatedly shot down.
We’ve actually ended up moving networks in part due to this. Here’s hoping I have no issues with O2.
EE's Roam Further Pass add-on is listed on their website, here:

ee/help/help-new/offer...m-further-pass

It's £10 on a rolling 30 day basis, or a (free) swappable benefit if you have a Smart plan. The above page shows how you can activate it (eg. text ROAM FURTHER to 150).

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I’ve always managed fine with just wi-fi apart from trying to get an Uber or two when out shopping but always managed it eventually. Have just changed to an EE sim only deal and have the roaming benefit for our next trip. Have 60 gig and hoping it may enable faster speeds in the parks. If you’ve got an old handset take that and buy a cheap short term sim when you get there.
Just to warn you, EE apply a 15GB "fair usage" policy when outside the UK. So you won't be able to use 60GBs a month whilst in the USA.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
EE's Roam Further Pass add-on is listed on their website, here:

ee/help/help-new/offer...m-further-pass

It's £10 on a rolling 30 day basis, or a (free) swappable benefit if you have a Smart plan. The above page shows how you can activate it (eg. text ROAM FURTHER to 150).

Just to warn you, EE apply a 15GB "fair usage" policy when outside the UK. So you won't be able to use 60GBs a month whilst in the USA.
Oh! How is that fair when I pay for 60GB 🙄 I obviously didn’t read the small print. Will hopefully last for Uber’s and MDE in the parks. How annoying.
Old 5 Dec 19, 04:08 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Oh! How is that fair when I pay for 60GB 🙄 I obviously didn’t read the small print. Will hopefully last for Uber’s and MDE in the parks. How annoying.
It’s pretty similar to most plans who have this type of international roaming. They cap at 10-20GB, including 3’s Feel at home. In 10 days there I don’t think we even came close to 1/4 of that, just using for lyft, parks when WiFi was touchy etc. I even used for a couple of live streams. As long as you’re not constantly streaming music or videos you should be more than fine.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Well, you're only paying to use 60GB when in the UK - which you can still use. You didn't pay to use that 60GB abroad. Instead, you can either get the "Roam Further" benefit for £10 or for free (depending on your plan) and that enables you to use up to 15GBs abroad. It's "fair" in that sense.

I'm on a 4GB plan and I never use all of that. I think the only way you'd use 60GB in a month is by streaming TV and movies via mobile data. If you're just browsing the internet, getting Lyft/Uber rides, downloading maps for a satnav, reading emails/Facebook/Twitter, then 15GBs will be more than fine.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Well, you're only paying to use 60GB when in the UK - which you can still use. You didn't pay to use that 60GB abroad. Instead, you can either get the "Roam Further" benefit for £10 or for free (depending on your plan) and that enables you to use up to 15GBs abroad. It's "fair" in that sense.

I'm on a 4GB plan and I never use all of that. I think the only way you'd use 60GB in a month is by streaming TV and movies via mobile data. If you're just browsing the internet, getting Lyft/Uber rides, downloading maps for a satnav, reading emails/Facebook/Twitter, then 15GBs will be more than fine.
I have a swappable extra to use my data abroad. It was not clear it was only a fraction of my data abroad.
Old 6 Dec 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I have a swappable extra to use my data abroad. It was not clear it was only a fraction of my data abroad.
Actually, you have a swappable extra to use up to 15GB of your monthly data allowance abroad. This is clearly stated in the ts&cs of the "Roam Further Pass" swappable extra:

ee/help/help-new/terms...m-further-pass

I should also point out that, as well as the Roam Further extra, you can only use up to 15GB of your monthly allowance within the EU as well. The 15GB fair usage policy applies to anywhere outside the UK (here). This is part of the standard terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed the contract with EE.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~