Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 29 Nov 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

Ticket booking experience and prices

We are a party of 8 travelling from the UK for Easter 2020, 3rd - 17th of April. The group consisting of 7 adults and one child sadly one of the adults for pricing purposes is only 10. I do not have any favourite ticketing company but will normally only use the usual suspects listed on here. Ticketing companies only have a certain price margin, I therefor work on the old adage “if it appears too good to be true it usually is”. We decided to go for 14-day ticket combinations covering Disney ultimate, Universal 3 park and SeaWorld 3 park tickets, that way we can chop and change parks in the same day and make multiple visits during our stay.
The first thing I did was make a list of all 5 ticketing companies listed on the Dibb and the total price for the group. I also phoned and asked about price discounts for larger groups and any difference in paying upfront or just a deposit. The prices for the group were similar in 3 cases and a bit of a jump in the other 2.

In the order listed on the Dibb:

Attraction Tickets Direct: I had a problem getting 2020 prices on the web site but was told on the phone they were the same either way, total for the group £6360. I was asked if I wanted the free UK theme park ticket offer, which I did not and was offered 20 Disney dollars per person instead, which after converting left it at say £6237. They did have an excellent 2 for one deal on Legoland and I have got two of these for the 4 people going.

Florida escapes; online and on the phone was the best “basic price” at £6036

Florida Tix, bit of a strange one, I was getting an online price of £6592 easily the most expensive but on the phone was quoted £6229. This was the only one of the 5 who quoted a different price.

Orlando Attraction £6073. Extremely helpful and we had a chat about some of the crazy prices been talked about, he confirmed what I suspected and said the mark up per ticket was not that big so I would probably only find a difference of a few pound per ticket at the most. When I mentioned one of the offers mentioned on the Dibb he said, if that was the case, he would be buying all his Disney tickets from them and not Disney. (Good luck to any who tried and succeeded) not for me though.

Orlando Attraction Tickets; £6050 second best price, I had used OAT on our last visit and enjoyed a great service. As they were only £14 dearer and having had a good experience before that would have probably been enough to go with them. The clincher was the free FunSpot America tickets worth £35.00 p/p, as we will be going to the one in Old Town anyway it was a no brainer. Job done booked.

A couple of general points, no one offered any discount for paying upfront. Some of them offered to lower the price after deposit if the price dropped but only if you payed a small premium to the basic price, it was part of ticket protection add on, I think. In 4 cases I was told the online price will be the best price and I would not get a better one by calling. I did not ask Florida Tix why the online price was over £360 more (and still is)

Now all I have to do is wait for the tickets to arrive and watch the clock for a few months. However and wherever you buy your tickets enjoy and be careful out there.
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaMay2012
Getting Excited

Just come across this post, it's exactly what we are looking for. Thanks OP for posting up your experience, I know exactly who to phone now 🙂 really appreciated!
FloridaMay2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

Hi, a couple of points from my research:
if using the phone some sellers have 0845 numbers listed and it will cost more than normal to phone, so look for the free phone number or book online. I also got four Legoland tickets from a second supplier as they had them on 2 for 1, sometimes it can be better splitting the order. I did look at this option but found the bundle was the best option for the main parks at the time we booked. Some of the advertised “special” offers were more expensive than other sellers without the offer.
My order was posted at the end of the 7-10 day point as stated, post office tracking only tells you when it is dropped at the post office and is not updated during transit. The most important thing, the main tickets were all correct including the free FunSpot ticket for all the party, so no problems. Some of the freebies included you have to print out yourself online.
Whoever you book with enjoy your holiday
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List