Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Dec 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
toffeeman0
Excited about Disney

Ooops weve made a boo boo

All trip planning flights and accommodation booked for Texas next year.
The wife and myself were out saturday night when we had the biggest oh s@~t moment ever. Its only our youngest's 21st while we are away.
Sobered up quite quickly. This left us with 3 options.
1 Cancel and loose flights.
2 Book the 2 kids to go to Texas.
3 Give the boy a wedge of money.
As they both love the states
Its ended up costing us quite a bit of money to add 2 more to the flight book larger appartments and also will be doubling our spending money
Daughter (23) is quite ecstatic.
Anybody else had a real oops moment after booking?
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Not quite the same thing but a couple of years ago myself and youngest went to Abu Dhabi staying at the now W hotel Yas Island. It’s the F1 hotel and we loved it so much, I booked for the two of us to go the following May. Unbeknown to me my middle son was due to be home from uni that week and my youngest dotes on him. It was supposed to be a surprise trip and I knew he’d be in tears if he didn’t come and wouldn’t want to go. So I had to book him on last minute lol
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Alidoll
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mum and Dad’s wedding anniversary. Two separate holidays to Australia which I arrange so we’d meet in Cairns for the actual day and go for a meal. I arrived early and search the whole of Cairns for balloons, banner etc to put in their room. Spent ages blowing up 40 balloons. Lassie in reception said she’d put them in their room...

So later that night knock at door, it’s my parents. After cuddles etc and chatting away I asked “how did you like the surprise?”

What surprise was their response so said about the balloons...nope, nothing. Mum then says the lassie that had checked them in said they were in the east wing (and we were in west). So my Mum asks “is there a room closer to my daughter...she’s in the west wing” (she’d texted me on arrival at the airport).

Yep, they’d moved them to our side of the hotel.

Still wonder that the person who got that room thought when they arrived as reception didn’t have the balloons and said they had been put in the room as requested.

Oops...
Alidoll is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

That did make me laugh

Originally Posted by Alidoll View Post
Mum and Dad’s wedding anniversary. Two separate holidays to Australia which I arrange so we’d meet in Cairns for the actual day and go for a meal. I arrived early and search the whole of Cairns for balloons, banner etc to put in their room. Spent ages blowing up 40 balloons. Lassie in reception said she’d put them in their room...

So later that night knock at door, it’s my parents. After cuddles etc and chatting away I asked “how did you like the surprise?”

What surprise was their response so said about the balloons...nope, nothing. Mum then says the lassie that had checked them in said they were in the east wing (and we were in west). So my Mum asks “is there a room closer to my daughter...she’s in the west wing” (she’d texted me on arrival at the airport).

Yep, they’d moved them to our side of the hotel.

Still wonder that the person who got that room thought when they arrived as reception didn’t have the balloons and said they had been put in the room as requested.

Oops...
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Oh yes
Organised my parents surprise golden wedding anniversary party
Well I had an excuse all to to with the Queens coranationation
Golden jubilee to ge told on the day I was ayear early blame my sister she should have know better she was born 10 months after they were married her excuse well Dad was in the army and I've never seen their
Marriage lincence
Mum and Dad had a ball after everybody was told no we are not unwell it was a major oops on the kids side of things
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List