Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Dec 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr_Mojo
Earning More Ears

Indirect Connection Time with Tui

We booked a package with Tui in August to go Orlando for two weeks in February 2020. The flights are indirect with American Airlines via Dallas Forth Worth DFW. When booked we had a 2.5 hour stop in Dallas before the flight to MCO but our connecting flight has been cancelled and we are on an earlier flight giving us just 1 hour 40 minutes.

We’ve only ever flown direct previously but I’m feeling we won’t have enough time in Dallas to make our connection. I’ve spoken to Tui and they state we “should” have enough time and they wouldn’t book us onto a flight we couldn’t make. We have a 5 year old with us so won’t be the quickest through the airport.

Am I within my rights to ask Tui to change our flights to give us more time? Or is 1 hour 40 minutes enough? Going to call into the local Tui shop tomorrow to discuss. The flight home connection is even shorter, 40 minutes in Charlotte CLT!
Mr_Mojo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

1 hr 40 minutes is OK provided you do not have any major delays eg flight late leaving UK or a busy immigration hall at DFW.

Is there a later flight from DFW to MCO if you miss your connection ? Looks like American have a flight to MCO every 2 hours so not sure why they would not put you on a later flight ?

Again 40 minutes at CLT is OK provided your MCO flight is ontime however if you have a 30 minute delay leaving MCO then you will almost certainly miss your flight home !

I think you need to speak with TUI and see about changes as I would not be comfortable with either of these connections

Edited at 02:41 PM.
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

Research alternative flights that are acceptable to you so you can request a change to those specific ones in the shop.

The 40 minute connection on the way home would be especially concerning to me as the least delay would cost you your transatlantic flight home.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List