Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Nov 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LAINE GEE View Post
Hi, have booked car hire with VA to do the online check in and straight to garage, is there a section to fill in for the extra driver, (sorry if this has already been discussed), dont want to get it wrong. Thanks
Hi Laine - per the always helpful Andy for extra driver.

Whilst you don't have to as the necessary bar code to go straight to the garage is given at OLCI, you can also complete Skip the Counter to complete your cc details or hand over your cc at the out kiosk

If you want to Skip the Counter, keep your OLCI page open (do not close or this won't work), minimise, click on THIS link, which will already be completed, and add your cc details. My sis in law prefers Skip as she declines all extra's without being asked at the out kiosk.
Old 23 Dec 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi, have done this before for previous trips no problem but now I’m getting a ‘experiencing technical issues with this reservation attempt’.

Near as I can see it’s because I am not using the same card as wha ti booked with. Have cancelled and rebooked using cc this time with netflights and I can check in online okay but getting same technical issues message when I click submit after entering cc details...

I have the online check in barcode, anyone used this recently to skip the counter and just handed over cc at the booth on the way out? Or anything else I can try to get through STC. Post office CC is what I’m using.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
LAINE GEE
I want to go now!

Mobile

Hi booked with virgin car hire with alamo, as i want to do skip the counter, but We want our son to be a second driver, but just looked through some previous posts on here and it said you can't do skip the counter if you want a second driver, but i did an online chat with virgin before I booked and they said I could, I'm now confused and open to any advice. Thanks
LAINE GEE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by LAINE GEE View Post
Hi booked with virgin car hire with alamo, as i want to do skip the counter, but We want our son to be a second driver, but just looked through some previous posts on here and it said you can't do skip the counter if you want a second driver, but i did an online chat with virgin before I booked and they said I could, I'm now confused and open to any advice. Thanks
You can add on additional drivers when you complete the online check in and still go straight through to the garage when you arrive. All drivers will need to be present when you arrive at the exit barrier and be in possession of their DL.

Do you have additional drivers included as part of your package? if not, it's very expensive to add them on and pay for it locally.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LAINE GEE
I want to go now!

Mobile

Yes second driver included with virgin thanks for all the advice, I tend to feel panicky when booking all the bits to the holiday, estas car flights. But it is worth ALL MY stress when We get there. One more question on exiting the car hire garage, we need to get to Sunset lakes, we have booked a villa there, but our sat nav usually is too slow to pick up our location and last time we took wrong exit and got into a rather longer than needed journey plus some heated exchanges within the car😢 as Im sure other dibbers have experienced. Thanks
LAINE GEE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
applebobbin
Being a bit Goofy

Hello,

I've followed the instructions on the previous posts to online check-in but whenever I try to STC I get the error "We're sorry for the inconvenience, but we are experiencing technical issues with this reservation attempt. Please call 1 (877) 222-9075."

We booked with VH. I have the barcode on the page that says "Online Check-In Confirmation" at the top so will that be enough to go straight to the garage? The error message has worried me.

Thank you!
applebobbin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by applebobbin View Post
Hello,

I've followed the instructions on the previous posts to online check-in but whenever I try to STC I get the error "We're sorry for the inconvenience, but we are experiencing technical issues with this reservation attempt. Please call 1 (877) 222-9075."

We booked with VH. I have the barcode on the page that says "Online Check-In Confirmation" at the top so will that be enough to go straight to the garage? The error message has worried me.

Thank you!
You need only STC if wanting to pre-enter your cc details, you have the OLCI barcode to head to the garage so you're all ready to rock

If you still want to STC, go back to Alamo, sign-in, minimise that page, do not close it, go to THIS LINK to try again
Old 9 Jan 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
applebobbin
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thank you!
I still get the same error doing hat for some reason 😕 but good to know we can still go straight to the garage. Trying to streamline everything, travelling for the first time with a toddler!
applebobbin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by applebobbin View Post
Thank you!
I still get the same error doing hat for some reason 😕 but good to know we can still go straight to the garage. Trying to streamline everything, travelling for the first time with a toddler!
Hiya AB, may be the device/browser you're using - on my Windows puter I have no issues when I access OLCI/Skip for brother's bookings.

You're perfectly sorted printing off the barcode after OLCI, it simply means you'll present a cc with dl/paperwork at the OUT kiosk. Be ready for them trying to get you to upgrade, a firm no usually works
Old 10 Jan 20, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
applebobbin
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya AB, may be the device/browser you're using - on my Windows puter I have no issues when I access OLCI/Skip for brother's bookings.

You're perfectly sorted printing off the barcode after OLCI, it simply means you'll present a cc with dl/paperwork at the OUT kiosk. Be ready for them trying to get you to upgrade, a firm no usually works
That’s great, thank you! I will try another device just in case but I’m ready to be firm 💪