Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 6 Nov 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ElTel
Excited about Disney

We go every year, this time we managed to go opening night which was even better - free t-shirts, light show etc but still not sold out.

As others have said, getting in for a 7pm start means trying to get there for 5pm...to avoid the stress of the I4 traffic.

If you drive we tend to also book the Geico Garage ($20 on ticketmaster) as this is connected to the Amway, very safe, well lit and fairly easy to exit back to the I4 from after the game.

We tend to try and eat in the local area, Hamburger Mary's is a 5 min walk away and normally pretty good - lots of locals also eat here before the game.

We've probably sat in most places during our visits, you get a decent view anywhere so don't be put off by 'nosebleed' seats if the price is right!
ElTel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Mobile

Originally Posted by ElTel View Post
We go every year, this time we managed to go opening night which was even better - free t-shirts, light show etc but still not sold out.
We did the same last year! Did you get the light up bracelets? They were so cool!

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Chocolate
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We went on 30th October magic v knicks great atmosphere at it. We arrived about 5.45 thinking we had loads of time to have a look around and get food. I'd say get there early.
We got our tickets through our travel agent and we were 10 rows from the court.
Food is expensive so I'd recommend trying to have food before you go. Get the refillable popcorn bucket can't remember how much and refillable soft drink in souvenir cup $10.
We got an uber to it but it was a nightmare getting out of it. Tried to order an uber home and it never turned up even though it kept saying 3 mins away then it went to 10 mins away. We waited 30 mins then started to walk towards bus station(wouldn't recommend that as we didn't feel safe with our 7 Yr old). Ended up getting an uber from the bus station.
Chocolate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
ElTel
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
We did the same last year! Did you get the light up bracelets? They were so cool!
We certainly did, yes - the kids loved them! Not only part of the intros and light show, but lit up at various stages through the game as well.

Pity the team aren't as good as the entertainment!
ElTel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

if you arent bothered about getting tickets immediately, then i've had success getting tickets for magic (and the rays baseball) via stubhub.

its the official "outlet" for season ticket resales. people who have season tickets and cant go to a match re-sell them. its all done electronically, and you print out your tickets when you buy (or just use the app!)

we've bought seats in the week before (and even on the day of the match) and got some bargains... the closer you leave it to match day, the lower the prices drop. most matches we've been to have been no more than $25 a ticket, for half decent seats (ie not in the nosebleeds right at the back)

as for parking, i've never paid in advance. there are *so* many multistorey cars parks in the area, youre spoilt for choice. if you dont mind walking an extra 5 mins or so, prices drop the further down s orange ave you go. we usually park at one round the corner from the beacham which is usually $10 a night, then its a 2 minute drive from the carpark back onto the i4
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List