Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 3 Nov 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ouch. That looks nasty. Some soft tissue damage from the whack on the surf board ? Painful. Poor you

It looked fun but shame it was a bit rushed and not as good as you had hoped. The kids looked like they enjoyed it. And always fun to try something different so go you !

Your lunch looked yummy and so cheap too.
Glad the others sorted an instant dinner from Walmart . All those parking fees and expensive meals soon eat into the the holiday funds don’t they. Parking fees do grate on me , almost as much as the blessed Florida tolls 😡
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ouch. That looks nasty. Some soft tissue damage from the whack on the surf board ? Painful. Poor you

It looked fun but shame it was a bit rushed and not as good as you had hoped. The kids looked like they enjoyed it. And always fun to try something different so go you !

Your lunch looked yummy and so cheap too.
Glad the others sorted an instant dinner from Walmart . All those parking fees and expensive meals soon eat into the the holiday funds don’t they. Parking fees do grate on me , almost as much as the blessed Florida tolls 😡
Yes I think that is what it must have been. It’s funny as it didn’t really hurt at the time of doing it but was in agony later!
It was a real shame, I think maybe with a different instructor we might have picked it up but probably not me either way 😂
Those fries were AMAZING, I could eat them now!
Yes extortionate parking fees really grate on me, it’s like they just pluck a figure out of the air knowing that unsuspecting tourists will pay it 😡

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
What a shame the surfing was a bit of a disappointment but could that you did have a bit of a laugh.
Oh no I hope your ankle eases up!
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
What a shame the surfing was a bit of a disappointment but could that you did have a bit of a laugh.
Oh no I hope your ankle eases up!
Yes it was such a disappointment but at least we gave it a go, I can safely say I wont be trying it again
Thankfully the ankle gets better in time for Yosemite

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Some great photos of the kids surfing - at least they had fun. It's a shame your instructor wasn't more proactive in helping you to learn to surf, but I hope you had fun anyway despite your injury. I hope the pain at least cleared up quickly for you.

Those beach cottages look so cute! Good food day today, your lunch looks delicious. And the Walmart feast sounds like the perfect way to end the day with some good TV.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Some great photos of the kids surfing - at least they had fun. It's a shame your instructor wasn't more proactive in helping you to learn to surf, but I hope you had fun anyway despite your injury. I hope the pain at least cleared up quickly for you.

Those beach cottages look so cute! Good food day today, your lunch looks delicious. And the Walmart feast sounds like the perfect way to end the day with some good TV.
I can safely say, surfing is not for me
The injury thankfully got better over the coming days, I was so worried it wouldn't be better by Yosemite
We did have some good food today, but those fries were to die for!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It must have been lovely to watch the kids learning to surf however I have no agility so I really struggle with it you really did a job on that poor ankle, I can’t believe how badly bruised it was! Silver linings would be that you had a yummy dinner prepared for you
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

The surfing sounded fun but not when your ankle is sore! I hope it didn’t spoil your other plans.
The food from the bbq shack looks yummy
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
It must have been lovely to watch the kids learning to surf however I have no agility so I really struggle with it you really did a job on that poor ankle, I can’t believe how badly bruised it was! Silver linings would be that you had a yummy dinner prepared for you
I thought all Australian's could surf . That's made me feel loads better that I was so rubbish
I couldn't believe how bad it was especially as I didn't feel like I had bashed it that badly.
I could get used to having Jim prepare the dinner more often

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 22 Feb 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
The surfing sounded fun but not when your ankle is sore! I hope it didn’t spoil your other plans.
The food from the bbq shack looks yummy
It was really fun to try something different and something we would never do in this country.
The ankle thankfully didn't impact the rest of the holiday, that was my biggest fear knowing we had a lot of walking in Yosemite coming up
I didn't think loaded fries could taste that good, but they really can

IG - alicialanesmith