Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

View Poll Results: What kind of Christmas tree 🎄 do you put up ?
Real tree each year 48 18.60%
Fake tree each year 163 63.18%
Both a real tree and a fake tree 27 10.47%
Sometimes real , sometimes fake 16 6.20%
Never have a tree 4 1.55%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Dec 19, 05:45 AM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

Fake for us, I always used to have a real tree when I was a child, when back to a real tree a couple of years ago but DS didn't like it and has wanted a fake tree since.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

So, the fake tree is up, and it’s not half bad. Seems like the White Company make good trees.

malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

We get a real tree. We’ve done it for the last 4 years as we buy them from DS’ old infant school where they sell them to raise money for the PTA.

They’ve always been great and lasted well, we picked up this year’s this morning, now it just needs decorating!

RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

i'd love to have a real tree but i've developed an allergy to them! If i had one i'd have to take allergy medications every day We invested in a Balsam tree last year though and it's lovely
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

We have a huge bushy fake one that's almost 20 years old , prior to that we would always have a real tree
This year we changed the settee / chairs in the lounge so it wouldn't fit in to its normal place
Have had a rearrangement of the chairs to get the tree in so the lounge looks a bit like a waiting room at the moment
I was food shopping yesterday and saw a lone real tree in a tub looking very forlorn and bedraggled , with roots coming out of the flowerpot, all of the branches protruding through the netting and the price was reduced. On the spur of the moment I bought it and have stood it outside my front door.

Today I've repotted it with some extra compost into one of my garden tubs. It's opening up really nicely- before it looked as if it had been kicked around warehouse. I've put some fairy lights on it. I'll see how it does in the New Year and maybe change it to a larger tub and keep it outside all year
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

In the earlier years of our marriage, DH and I had real trees, always from the same garden centre, and they always lasted. Then the centre was taken over by another company and we once got a tree that shed most of its needles before Christmas, so had the rigmarole of trying to get them to provide us with another.
When the kids came along we went for a fake tree for safety (to avoid them crawling around in & possibly eating needles).
I did mention to DH this year about getting a real tree this year now that youngest is 8, but we decided against it (mainly as we bought a new artificial tree last year). My thoughts was to have artificial tree in conservatory & real one in front room. That said, i've just bought my DD's a slimline tree from Argos for their bedroom which was only £15 & looks surprisingly quite nice for the money. I'm tempted to get another & put it up in conservatory as a surprise for DH! 😂
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

The last few years both. The artificial one went up in the living room last Sunday, and this weekend we'll get a real one for the conservatory.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve had a horrible year but my lovely mate sent me this today for my birthday! Really made me smile as I opened it and put it together!

So I have a mini real tree now as well as our fake ones but the mini one is so special.

bloomandwild/trackin...SABEgLIbvD_BwE

ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
I’ve had a horrible year but my lovely mate sent me this today for my birthday! Really made me smile as I opened it and put it together!

So I have a mini real tree now as well as our fake ones but the mini one is so special.

bloomandwild/trackin...SABEgLIbvD_BwE

Aaaah that’s lovely, I saw them online and wondered how they would arrive.
Happy birthday 💐💐
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Aaaah that’s lovely, I saw them online and wondered how they would arrive.
Happy birthday 💐💐
Thank you.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List