Notices

Old 8 Feb 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
toffiness
Very Serious Dibber

toffiness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
3 Generations, DLP & Disneyland Hotel - March 2017 - Pre Trippie!

Disneyland Paris

Well, having just finished my my first ever trip report, here , for cruising and disneyworld, I thought I may as well start a pre trippie for this trip too. I intend to do a full report once back for this as well.

So, we are staying pretty much the same cast this time except we are ditching one member and gaining a new one this trip!

So this trips members are:

Myself, Stephanie. I love Disney, I love luxury, I do the planning, I do the "when we going again?" thing.

My Mum, Debbie. Known as Gogo, she will again continue to be Gogo this trip too. She loves Disney, she loves luxury, she helps with planning and she answers my "when are we going again" question with "lets book it" - so we love her!

The kids, Callie and Stephen: I pretend I do Disney for them but it's all for me! They loved the disney cruise most of all!

And Da da da daaaaaaaa...

Our new member, my Dad, Stevie! You will notice Stephen and Stephen share a name, so big Stevie will be known as Grandad here. Having never met Mickey Mouse, the kids are super excited to show him the ropes

Some pictures of us all:

I have left it late to start a pre trippie which is good because i started my Florida one a year in advance but we only have 45 days to go before we head to Paris. So let's get down to business

When? Where? Why?

We had a caravan holiday booked for March - for my birthday. So Gogo already had time off her work. So we decided to chuck the caravan and do Paris instead. I have always dreamed about Disney for my birthday! So we are going 26th - 31st March.

We had come back from Florida on the Monday/Tuesday, by Thursday/Friday i was looking at Paris prices. We knew we were going back to Disneyworld in 2018 but someone (read I) knew that i needed a fix before that!

Prices were looking quite cheap (this may be because we've just come back from the floridian, or because we are only going for 5 nights ) So we booked to stay in Newport Bay with the free half board.

Flights

We were looking at flying, coming from Scotland means that at no point is train or driving ever going to be worth it. We got prices for the 5 of us for £250. Flight times were rubbish in that we would be paying for food/tickets but would not be able to use them. So we booked flights for going on the Sunday and coming home on the Friday.
We are flying AirFrance from Glasgow. We arrive at CDG at 11.50am on Sunday and back in Glasgow at 8.30am or something on Friday.

Hotel

We had booked Newport Bay, but because of the flight/wasted day situation, we booked Disney for Sunday - Thursday, and we will move to an airport hotel on Thursday and leave early Friday.

So we were staying at CitizenM Charles De Gaulle airport on the Thursday.

[IMG]https://www.citizenm.com/953_HOTSPOT_816*9999,0,600x600,1;816*9999,0,1200x1 200,2;768*815,0,400x400,1;768*815,0,800x800,2;415* 767,0,750x750,1;415*767,0,1500x1500,2;0*414,0,400x 400,1;0*414,0,800x800,2_799_.jpg?v0.01343817799352 1094[/IMG]

We then decided that we wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel instead of Newport Bay. I kept forgetting to phone and change it whilst the free half board offer was on, and by the time i phoned, the offer had finished and there was no offer on . We were gutted. However a few days later the new offer had been announced and it was now free full board So I phoned and changed hotel. We were super excited! It meant that we now had the full board premium and because we wanted to do all the dining we would actually be saving money! (So if Grandad asks you better all agree !)

Trips?

You can't go to Paris and not see the Eiffel Tower! So we booked the trip through Disney which takes you to the Eiffel Tower and then a cruise on the river Seine. (If any of you have done this can you let me know how it was?) This cost £260. I know you can go yourself but we don't want to, especially having the kids.

Dining

I had the exciting task of phoning and booking dining a few weeks back. Now it is nothing like WDW where i am used to booking dining, nice online service they have there. No, I had to phone 60 days out. The woman told me I can only book one restaurant at a time but when I phoned the next day, a different woman let me book them all! So it depends on who you get apparently!

Anyway, because we have full board premium, i have made the following reservations:

Sunday 5pm - Walts; an American Restaurant
Monday 12pm - Chez Remy
6.30pm - BBWWS
Tuesday (My Birthday! ) - 1.30pm - ADC
8pm - California Grill
Wednesday - Tour to Paris
8pm - Inventions
Thursday - 4pm - Silver Spur Steakhouse

Transfers

Unlike WDW, there are no free transport coaches from the airport, so upon recommendation, we have booked a private transport with rstransports, from CDG to Disneyland and then return to airport hotel, for €120 return for five of us including child seats. Happy with this. They apparently wait at the airport for you when your flight is arriving with a sign with your name

I think that is pretty much it for just now then! I am looking forward to seeing Disneyland Paris for the first time and everything we have planned.

Thanks for reading x

Edited at 01:11 PM.
toffiness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

You are going on my birthday weekend. I have no plans so I will have to live it through your TR when you get back. We went for my 30th birthday when I was 33 weeks pregnant!

I'm a little bit jealous that you are staying in the Pink Hotel. That's where I want to stay when/if we return.

I have already told my DH we will be booking DLP when we get back from WDW as that is the pattern we tend to follow. I don't think our return will be booked quite as quick as yours. I think we plan a return to WDW in five years after this one and will fit DLP in-between that. (This could all change after we experience the cruise )

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
toffiness
Very Serious Dibber

toffiness's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
You are going on my birthday weekend. I have no plans so I will have to live it through your TR when you get back. We went for my 30th birthday when I was 33 weeks pregnant!

I'm a little bit jealous that you are staying in the Pink Hotel. That's where I want to stay when/if we return.

I have already told my DH we will be booking DLP when we get back from WDW as that is the pattern we tend to follow. I don't think our return will be booked quite as quick as yours. I think we plan a return to WDW in five years after this one and will fit DLP in-between that. (This could all change after we experience the cruise )
Hats off to you for doing disney while pregnant! Don't think I could! Ooh I'll make sure its a good report for your birthday then

We wanted to do DLP again in November but i want to do a cruise more, so we are toying with how to fit all the cruises in I should be getting a commission from Disney with how much i bang out about how much I loved the cruise The cruise has changed my life! x
toffiness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
toffiness
Very Serious Dibber

toffiness's Reviews
It is 9 days away and I am not packed or have planned anything. Feeling like i should be panicking around now haha!
Old 17 Mar 17, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We go the same day! We fly from Edinburgh the Sunday night until the Friday.

I've not packed anything either but do keep buying the kids Mickey / Minnie clothes!
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List