Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Feb 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
To be honest we tend to go and stay cheap and cheerful as spend very little time in the room - we stayed at the Flamingo the last 3 trips and we had a view of the bellagio fountains and electric drapes we could open from the bed. We also had a TV in the bathroom mirror! It was still one of the best hotels I've stayed in and the location is great. This next trip we are giving Ballys a go for a change though. If I had a money pit I'd stay at the cosmopolitan though.
We did New York for a friends wedding and I loved it but I have to say prefer Vegas.x
That sounds great and would suit us too. Sounds like you had a fabulous view. One day.
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

What fun to be visiting at Christmas. It's a shame that the CM at the magical express desk was so grumpy but it looks like you didn't let it spoil anything. I don't think I would have managed to stay up for wishes but how magical to be able to see it from your bed.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
What fun to be visiting at Christmas. It's a shame that the CM at the magical express desk was so grumpy but it looks like you didn't let it spoil anything. I don't think I would have managed to stay up for wishes but how magical to be able to see it from your bed.
Thanks for reading and commenting.

No point letting one grumpy person get you down

It's a lot easier to stay up for Wishes when you know you can be tucked up in bed 2 minutes after it is done.
Old 30 Apr 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What an amazing room! And a nice smooth travel day.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
What an amazing room! And a nice smooth travel day.
Thanks for reading. I think that room is my most favourite Disney room ever! I was longing staring at the contemporary when we were heading home from MK at 2am during our Easter trip. I’d love to stay there again but I think due to cost it will be a one time only. Although maybe we could stretch to a night for a special occasion. 2021 is our 20th wedding anniversary.
Old 3 Dec 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Part 2

By this point we had been up for 24 hours but were determined to end our night by watching Wishes from the balcony with the attaching music on the TV.
It's amazing how many people stay at the CR and don't know about this!
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by MacUK View Post
It's amazing how many people stay at the CR and don't know about this!
I was one of them. 😂 I’d read Collybirds report where she mentioned this before we went.
Old 14 Mar 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

A great start to your report and what a lovely room. We have watched wishes from the balcony at Cali Grill but from your room, with the music on the TV... how wonderful!

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this report. We have always liked the idea of a Christmas visit to Florida but were never sure about the weather and crowds etc. It'll be interesting to see how you get on. Great to have the DDP too! So much less stressful than wincing every time your bill arrives after TS.

Thanks for writing this up. It's a good read already and this is just the travel day.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
A great start to your report and what a lovely room. We have watched wishes from the balcony at Cali Grill but from your room, with the music on the TV... how wonderful!

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this report. We have always liked the idea of a Christmas visit to Florida but were never sure about the weather and crowds etc. It'll be interesting to see how you get on. Great to have the DDP too! So much less stressful than wincing every time your bill arrives after TS.

Thanks for writing this up. It's a good read already and this is just the travel day.
Aww, thank you for reading and the lovely comments.

Wishes from the Contemporary is fab but there was definitely something extra special about watching it from your room in your jammies on Christmas Eve.

I think the weather at that time of year can be a bit of everything. We had all sorts of things packed in our cases from thermals to swimsuits. 😂 Christmas in Disney is a great experience though.

I hope you enjoy the rest, Christmas Day is one of my top Disney days ever...