Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 11 Sep 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
metopicmamma
I want to go now!

Mobile It will become a reality!

Today we finished rearranging our holiday to florida and now I'm going to need a lot of help from the experts 😁

Ourgang... Mummy, daddy paraplegic in wheelchair, son 1 13 autistic among other stuff son 2 10 my right hand man second carer etc
Staying
Port orleans
Transport... None be bus/ taxi 🚖

We fly out on 21st July 2020 and home on 4th August

Parks...we have tickets to 6 pRks

Food... Quick serve plan

Now all you experts this is where I need you... We have never been abroad as a family, haven't a clue about Disney other than we have always said no its too expensive.
Please tell me how to make the most of this defiantly once in a life time adventure.
We need advice on everything from what to pack to where to eat.

Thank you all sooo much.
metopicmamma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Hello

My calculations you will have 13 full days to play with.
Planning your first trip is pretty daunting but it is not that difficult.

Are you going to do full/half days at parks? Rest days? Attempt Rope drop? Stay late for Fireworks/Fantasmic? Both water parks?

Are you going to attempt the rollercoasters and the thrill rides etc?
Interested in Character meet and greets?
Restaurants - do you want to do some table service? Characters meals etc?

lots of questions to think about to help you make a plan.

thanks

Edited at 10:37 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by metopicmamma View Post
Today we finished rearranging our holiday to florida and now I'm going to need a lot of help from the experts 😁

Ourgang... Mummy, daddy paraplegic in wheelchair, son 1 13 autistic among other stuff son 2 10 my right hand man second carer etc
Staying
Port orleans
Transport... None be bus/ taxi 🚖

We fly out on 21st July 2020 and home on 4th August

Parks...we have tickets to 6 pRks

Food... Quick serve plan

Now all you experts this is where I need you... We have never been abroad as a family, haven't a clue about Disney other than we have always said no its too expensive.
Please tell me how to make the most of this defiantly once in a life time adventure.
We need advice on everything from what to pack to where to eat.

Thank you all sooo much.
Yay great! You’ve got yourself a great start there.

Like I said on your other thread you will learn loads on here! Probably so much it’ll make your head go boom! 🤯 😆

I think you’ve done the right thing with the QS plan it’ll make life so much easier having your food sorted.

If you fancy checking out my Dibb vacation planner just click on the calendar icon under my name to see what my plans are it might give a little inspiration? 🤞🏼

I think, cos it’s your first time you should aim to do a park a day and not over do it. If you’ve got 13 days (14 nights) maybe do twice to each of the 4 main parks and both water parks then a couple of “let’s see where we fancy” days?

Generally my rule of thumb is first week earlier starts, earlier finishes. Second week later starts later finishes.

You will have a ball!

Out of interest did Virgin come up trumps with helping you out?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

dreamfindertravel/Do...ining-2019.pdf

This is a list of all the restaurants available to you, there are the odd one not on there like Blaze pizza at Disney springs (which is fab!) That aren’t in there, not sure why?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
metopicmamma
I want to go now!

Mobile

Thank you both for the help,
Kat... Like hell they did! We have had to lose our deposit but are now with BA and a better package.
I've tried to start a planner.. Not sure it's very good.
We are I think... Going to do early starts then back for a nap and out again later on.
So far I've pencilled in a park each day.
Need to figure out how the das and fast pass work as that will be very important to making it suceed.
As for which rides... I have absolutely no clue what's on offer and what's best to try.
Ds1 loves roller coasters so I'm guessing a few of those.

We tend to let his needs Di tate the day.. If he's cool so are we all 😂
metopicmamma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I'm sorry VIrgin were no help in rearranging your holiday and I'd be tempted to actually put a complaint in re the lack of advice they gave you in booking the holiday and asking for a refund of your deposit - it's worth a try at least. Also contact BA Special Assistance to pre-book seats and arrange assistance.

The DIBB Guidebook is a great start for a first timer with great information on each park, details of all the rides and restrictions, fastpass guide down to a packing checklist. Take your time to have a wee look to get an idea of the type of rides your family may like - even look at some of the you tube vlogs on the various rides and parks (Tim Tracker is quite a popular one) so once your 60 day fast pass window comes round you will have an idea of what to book.

All you really need is a rough plan - the DIBB Busy Day Guide is a great tool nearer the time and even if you just know which park on which day and have fast passes booked that is all you really need. As you will see on the DIBB there are people at both ends of the planning spectrum - some have every ride, show and meal planned and others go with the flow and they all have a fantastic holiday. As it is your first visit I would suggest that the first park you visit is Magic Kingdom as nothing beats going down Main Streetonyour first day and seeing the Castle for the first time - just have a tissue ready.

Also there is a "Special Needs" Forum in the general planning section which you may find useful for details on the DAS Scheme or to ask any specific questions you may have regarding your husband or son.

Re what to pack - basically what you would wear on the hottest days of our summer, comfy footwear and cooling towels and fans.

Where to eat - even if you have any dietary restictions in your party Disney is great with this. Once you have more of a plan you can look into the different treats and meals available in each park under the QSDDP and even put possibilities on your planner. All tastes are catered for throughout the parks and the food court at your hotel so you will have no problem eating well.

Good luck with your planning and just keep posting any questions as they arise as always people around happy to help

(ps Just in case you are not aware anything highlighted in blue just click on it and it will take you to that part of the site.)

Edited at 12:42 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

13 days I would pencil in

2 days AK - FP+ rides FOP X2 . FOP is the best ride at WDW.

2 days Epcot - FP+ rides Frozen, Test Track, then rope Drop Soarin or you can pick up on the day

3 days HS - FP+ rides Slinky and I guess the Millennium Falcon/ROTR/Mickeys Railroad will be on FP+ by August 2020. This park will be the hardest to plan

1 day BB
1 day TL

The rest of days MK - FP+ rides 7DMT, Big Thunder, Splash, Space, Peter Pan.

The 'go early and nap approach' we have never done. Disney Transportation was pretty flaky at Port Orleans. We went early to the parks and left early or if we wanted to see Fireworks started late. If you able to do taxis then afternoon naps would be a lot easier.
Minnie Vans are pretty cool around $20.

I agree go to MK on first day. You will be up early and it is best park for kids.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Sorry to hear about the hassle you've had with Virgin, but so glad you've managed to get a much better deal. I'm also keeping an eye on prices in case we can book cheaper too, sometimes losing the deposit is worth it for the savings!

My youngest (6) is also autistic. We went when he was 5 and also 6. We found the best advice was to take each day as it comes. Our first trip I tended to plan early mornings for the first week or so and we'd leave the parks after lunch. My little one is a lot younger than yours however we bought a buggy which became his safe space. I also made sure to take his comforters with us (tags, teddies etc) If we felt things were becoming too much for him we would remove him from the situation. EG he found BoG a sensory overload and completely shut down in there so we left early.

I have heard there are rooms around the park that you can use for a sensory break but I haven't read too much into them so can't comment just yet.

The DAS will be invaluable it helps so much. My LO can't queue, it gets him very anxious, but the DAS pass was fab. We would get a return time and have a sit down with a snack or drink until it was our time, or we'd go on a ride that was more or less walk on whilst we waited.

I wrote reports on our trips which are in my signature.

Take a look at the busy days guide on here and keep an eye out for the park hours release. Try and get to extra morning hours in your first week. These are only available for guests who stay at Disney meaning it's much quieter and you can get quite a few attractions done.

In regards to clothes we pretty much lived in shorts and vest tops/t-shirts. We also had comfy trainers (sketchers are fab) I'm also getting some sketchers sandals for next year.

QSDP - there are a few restaurants you need to book with QSDP.

Be Our Guest - You can book for breakfast and lunch on the QSDP. We generally book for breakfast on our first morning and a lunch later in the holiday.

Pizzafari - Again this is another you can book for lunch or dinner but you can also just walk in and collect your food.

Restaurantosaurus - This is a new one but it's burger and shake I think. We'll be booking this to try this time.

There is another but off the top of my head I can't remember what it is!

The QSDP is fab, it's not just burgers and chicken nuggets, so many choices. Take a look on the Disney website and you can find all the menus on there.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
metopicmamma
I want to go now!

Mobile

Thanks so much, messaging a parent who totally gets it would be brilliant if you don't mind.
Old 14 Sep 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by metopicmamma View Post
Thanks so much, messaging a parent who totally gets it would be brilliant if you don't mind.
No problem at all just drop me a message on here.

This is the links to my 2 reports:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=13574650

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1132276

x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List