Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Nov 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
littlefeet1972
Apprentice Imagineer

What things are a must in New York

Hi all we go to New York in February 2020. We have never been before.
What things are a must that we have to do.
Thanks In Advance.

Edited at 08:20 PM.
littlefeet1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

Our “must do’s” are firework/night shows (HEA and Fantasmic), a couple of TS meals xx
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've only been once and keep saying that we should return. You'll probably get lots more suggestions from far more experienced visitors. It was about 12 years ago when we were both around 60

These were the things we enjoyed.

1. We caught the hoho bus (as we do in most new cities that we visit) and got off at places we want to explore more. Recall we got it on Broadway near Times Square.

2. Joan is very interested in American social history so Ellis Island was a must - coupled with S of L on same trip

3. Top of the Empire State Building. Bought tickets from hotel concierge to avoid long queues.

4. Coffee in Trump Tower on 5th Ave long before his political aspirations were known As you might expect though the marble in the main foyer is a bit over the top.

5. Walking around Central Park during the day. Seeing the "Imagine" mosaic in Strawberry Fields.

6. Breakfast in a typical NY diner near the hotel

7. We flew in to La Guardia from MCO and asked the cabby to drive us through Central Park to our hotel. All yellow cabs are safe and fares are displayed on the door windows in the back.

Mick

Edited at 08:28 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Our must do was going up to the Crown of the Statue of Liberty. The 9/11 museum. The top of the One World Tower totally took my breath away- it was amazing. Central Park.
We went last February and I was worried sick about the weather. It was fantastic, actually quite mild, clear blue skies and sunny. Snow on the last day. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge.

We loved it and would love to go again.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

We went to the Ellis island immigration museum and it was one of the best things we did. I am a huge history fan and this museum was fascinating!

Also we caught the ferry over to Liberty island and it was interesting seeing the statue so up close!

Empire State Building in the day was a great one for us, lovely to see New York and look around from high up!

Central Park was amazing, we could have spent days there!

Also Central Park zoo, really great place.

The Natural history museum was really interesting but not really NY specific.

Top of the Rock at night was very special!

I loved NYC so much.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Some of our highlights:
Walking over the Brooklyn Bridge
crown of the statue of liberty
Tiffany on Fifth Avenue
Walking around taking everything in
Central Park
Top of the rock
Empire state building
Wall street
St Patrick's Cathedral
9/11 memorial
Show on Broadway

You will love it, amazing place.

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

All of the above but also
Walking the high line &
The Ride
would be another 2 I would add.
You’ll love NY
Tracy x
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Some great ideas here. I think I fancy Ellis Island and the Brooklyn bridge when we go in May.

When I went in 2016 my friends We went on a sex and the city tour which was great fun! But I’m going with my family this time so think I’ll pass on that one. 😂 Might do a sightseeing bus tour though to get our bearings. But just walking around is great fun in itself.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Top of the rocks (i chose this over top of empire as i wanted to see empire in skyline, and you get a great view of central park) and the 911 memorial. Couldnt bring myself to go in the museum, and i would say a boat trip around statue of liberty/ ellis island, but we ran out of time to do either! We did a partial walk if the brooklyn bridge, ds was a bit freaked by it ti go too far bkess him. One of my favourite phitis od the whole trip is our selfie on the bridge
Had a great time, and need to go back,we had four whole days, and felt like it was a research trip for our next visit. Its jaw dropping, have a great time, i know you will!

Edited at 10:25 PM.
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
planecrazi3778
Excited about Disney

One of our ultimate favourite things we did was a dinner cruise along the Hudson River. It was on a boat called spirit of new York, and it was one of the best dinner cruises I've been on. Definitely a must do in our eyes!
planecrazi3778 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List