Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Nov 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Disney with the Dufflers - Take 2 - Jul 2019 - Day 13 - CG/Grand Floridian Cafe brunch and AK

Pre-Trip Report

Day 0 - Monday 1st July 2019 - Overnight at the Radisson Blu, Manchester Airport

Day 1 - Tuesday 2nd July 2019 - Travel day and arrival at Sapphire Falls

Day 2 - Wednesday 3rd July 2019 - Universal Studios and Hard Rock Cafe

Day 3 - Thursday 4th July 2019 - Islands of Adventure, Bahama Breeze and Bar 17 @ Aventura

Day 4 - Friday 5th July 2019 - Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure and our move to CSR

Day 5 - Saturday 6th July 2019 - Magic Kingdom and 'Ohana

Day 6 - Sunday 7th July 2019 - Pool day, Disney Springs and The Boathouse

Day 7 - Monday 8th July 2019 - Epcot and Tutto Italia

Day 8 - Tuesday 9th July 2019 - Typhoon Lagoon, Dahlia Lounge and Blaze

Day 9 - Wednesday 10th July 2019 - The Florida Open, Bon Voyage Breakfast and California Grill

Day 10 - Thursday 11th July 2019 - Le Cellier, Hollywood Studios and Fantasmic

Day 11 - Friday 12th July 2019 - Animal Kingdom, Polite Pig and the Dahlia Lounge

Day 12 - Saturday 13th July 2019 - DHS and the Flying Fish

Day 13 - Sunday 14th July 2019 - California Grill/Grand Floridian brunch and Animal Kingdom

Today was a very exciting day for me and Neil as we had booked in for the famous California Grill brunch!

Not wanting the rest of the gang to 'miss out', I had booked them in for a (what I hoped would be) fabulous brunch/lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

We had a lazy morning by the pool and in our rooms, doing a bit of the dreaded 'p' word. Truth be told, even though our holiday was rapidly reaching its conclusion, everything had been so incredible and (for me), quite laid back, so I wasn't really even thinking about the end yet.

Neil and I arrived for our 12.45 brunch reservation at the California Grill a little early. We were told to simply get a mimosa (or prosecco) until our table was ready. It was really busy but the views, as always, just wowed us.

The whole experience from start to finish was exceptional. There was a pianist on a keyboard and a celloist playing music, some of it was Disney music. This gave such an elegance to the whole affair.

Neil and I got ourselves some prosecco and just sat back and soaked in the incredible atmosphere. It was amazing.

We were sat down after maybe about 30 minutes (but as I say, we had arrived early). We were given a menu, and were basically told that we could order anything... including more than one entree

We both ordered the Lobster Eggs Benedict and as what felt like a personal favour to our server, through her absolute insistence, the Chicken and Waffles...

While we waited for our entrees, we helped ourselves to the INCREDIBLE self serve selections. The Bedeviled Eggs, in particular, were just superb, as was the sushi!

Between two visits to the self serve, and a lot of prosecco top ups, I went round the other side of the CG, to a terrace I had never been to before, nabbing some more pictures of incredible views.

Our server also captured this lovely picture of me and Neil, showcasing our view.

In no time at all, our entrees arrived and WOW, were they amazing.

And reluctantly, we admitted that we were thrilled to have ordered the chicken. It was gorgeous.

For dessert, we were given a little plate of chocolate and macaroon treats but we were absolutely stuffed, so she boxed them up for us.

Our brunch was absolutely sensational and I absolutely 100% ache to do it again. It was so romantic, so elegant, and the food was out of this world. We felt like royalty.

On the other side of the Seven Seas Lagoon, the rest of our gang were also having a superb time. They had arrived by boat.

And rocked up to the stunning Grand Floridian Hotel.

To their delight, their meal credit allowed them some breakfast cocktails.

I'd picked the Grand Floridian Cafe as the brunch/lunch menu looked fantastic. The gang said that it was a lovely meal.

Some ordered Eggs Benedict.

Others ordered the US version of a full English...

Others ordered a Chicken and Bacon Club Sandwich

They loved it.

We arranged to meet everyone just inside the gates of Animal Kingdom. We were all very excited for our two goes on Flights of Passage, as well as FPs for Everest and Dinosaur. It was going to be a good afternoon!

Excitedly, we headed on over to Pandora, ready to use our magic Fastpass for our first go on FOP.

I am thrilled to announce that after nervously going through the FP queue, and the linking chamber... we finally got on FOP!

It was declared a favourite ride by everyone.

This ride is just something else, isn't it? Everything about it is breathtaking. You are just literally transported to another world, given the ability to fly in one of the most beautiful places ever created on the screen. Just... wow. Being able to finally share the joy of this ride with my family was a really special experience for me. I'd kept telling them how amazing it was, but they just have to experience it for themselves...

Following a series of wows from everyone, and the exciting realisation that we could go on again , we headed for Dinoland USA, stopping for a few fabulous pictures on route.

And then, we went on Dinosaur

Now here, from my pictures, it appears that we cheekily did another safari

We really did have a blast at Animal Kingdom this time around. Prior to Pandora, it was my least favourite park, now it's definitely edging Magic Kingdom for the favourite spot. . I'm sure all of that will change again with the new Guardians ride and Star Wars land...

Following this, we headed over to Asia to do Expedition Everest, which was, as always - awesome!

After this, we were pretty much waiting for it to get dark so the gang could see the beautiful Pandora come alive at nighttime. It was also starting to rain, so we headed over to the Nomad Lounge for a drink.

The Dufflers, Mum, Martin and OB managed to find a table outside (but undercover - although they did still get a bit wet!) and me and Neil stayed inside.

After this, it was getting dark, and it was time for our second go on FOP.

This was just as breathtaking as the first and I was so pleased that I had campaigned to get that extra FP. Once is never enough with this ride!

After this, some of the gang were getting quite hungry, so they stopped at the Satu'il Canteen for some dinner. They raved about the food here so I think this will definitely be a QS shout for our next visit. Neil and I were still full from brunch!

After this, it was finally proper dark and we slowly walked through the incredible Pandora and all of its amazing colours and sounds.

A magical day, leading, unfortunately, to our final day immersed in the Disney magic.

Day 14 - Magic Kingdom, Narcoossee's and Happily Ever After is here.

Edited at 08:49 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List