Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Dec 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile Brussels

I have booked DD and I a trip to Brussels travelling on Boxing Day for 3 days.
Christmas markets are still on but what else to see.
Thinking of getting the train for a day out, obviously a possibility is Bruge but as anyone any other suggestions 😀
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

It is a walkable city. There is a chocolate and if I remember correctly a beer museum in the center. I was only that for a day as a result of a missed connection so has nothing planned and mainly just wandered and ate fries and waffles!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I haven’t been, but think that’s a brilliant Christmas present. I hope you both have a great time. Let us know what’s there to see as I’m interested in trying a few city breaks with DH next year too 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Been a couple of times to Brussels , I really love it. As Melbatb said very walkable. There are a couple of great art museums which we enjoyed even though not huge are lovers. Great to take in atmosphere and have a drink in Grand Place

East train trip for a day in Bruge

We found it a very friendly place
Have a great trip
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
rivergirl
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Brussels is lovely. When we went we got the train to mini Europe and the atomium, both easily done in a day x
rivergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We really enjoyed the Comic Museum; in a lovely building too.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

We got the train to the Atomium and Mini Europe too. Also to Bruges on the train - which I would highly recommend. The canal boats were running when we were there but maybe not in December. Take a walk up the cathedral tower!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Some great ideas thanks, not seen anything about the comic museum so will look at that
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Did bridge last December the boats were running .cold but sunny when we went .worth a trip

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

My partner and I did something similar last December - spent 2 nights in Brussels, including a day trip on the train to Bruges. They were running a special offer on mid week train tickets in December so it was really cheap - may be worth seeing if they are again this year? In Brussels we wandered round the Xmas market, ate a lot of waffles and chocolate, did a walking tour (found a great one on Airbnb!) and then just saw all the old buildings and pretty sites. Bruges was also beautiful, although we had terrible weather for our day there. Again we mostly wandered around and enjoyed the sites - although we also went to the French fry museum which was fun (and dry! )

Enjoy your trip!
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List