Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 10 Dec 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile Trip to south Florida/Miami?

I’ve need to plan a few days in south Florida/Miami at the end of next month.

I’ve never been anywhere apart from tampa, clearwater, Orlando, and cocoa beach.

Can people recommend some places to go for three nights? And some things to do?

I was thinking Miami as it’s iconic and I’ve never been. Key west looks cool but it’s a really long drive
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

The Keys are amazing. That would be a nice trip for a few days.
Personally I really dislike Miami. For me it has no redeeming aspects
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyM
Getting Excited

Mobile

Naples is a beautiful place. Lowdermilk Beach is so lovely. Just over a hour from Miami but plenty of place close by to visit.
Old 10 Dec 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I love Miami and was very underwhelmed by the Keys. My last visit to Key West was as a cruise stop and it has become filled with cheap t shirt shops all selling the same stuff. Years ago I didn't find the drive down from Miami anywhere near as enjoyable as I expected. It is also very long for a 3 day trip from Orlando.
Old 10 Dec 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Personally I love Miami and was very underwhelmed by the Keys. My last visit to Key West was as a cruise stop and it has become filled with cheap t shirt shops all selling the same stuff. Years ago I didn't find the drive down from Miami anywhere near as enjoyable as I expected. It is also very long for a 3 day trip from Orlando.
What would you do around miami?
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
What would you do around miami?
You have young children don't you? I find it really difficult to reccomend things to people I don't know as interests vary so much.
Old 11 Dec 19, 03:05 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

If you want to see a different beach from South Beach then thoroughly recommend Chandon Park Beach on Biscayne and then head down to Bill Baggs State Park. Check out the opening times for the lighthouse as they do run tours to the top and the views are superb.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

Visit Shark Valley in the Everglades , January is a brilliant time to go , if you like to get close to Alligators . Take the tram ride round at this time of year the wildlife is in a more concentrated area so you get to see loads of birds as well

We have been twice in January , and there are Alligators everywhere , you almost trip over them ...and no we never felt threatened , nor does it appear do they
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

In Miami, visit Bayside for a nice bite to eat overlooking the marina and visit the shops; do the Duck Tours and see some of the stars' mansions, we drove onto Palm and Star Islands to get a closer look (just ask the security on the gates), and I would definitely drive into the Everglades for an airboat ride.
Old 12 Dec 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
You have young children don't you? I find it really difficult to reccomend things to people I don't know as interests vary so much.
I do. But they will be at home. This will be part of a work trip. Most of the guys just want to hang about a hotel. But i don’t