Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 466. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 Oct 14, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Condo on a resort with full amenities.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 14, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post

I much prefer a villa but the girls like the idea of other children being there when they are playing in the pool etc so we compromised on a two bed apartment in LBV resort.
Old 10 Nov 14, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

We are on holiday, we like luxury. A Hotel every time for us.
I am not cooking, washing, washing up for nobody... I have a wonderful home.

x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 14, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggersmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Can't answer, did an offsite hotel with two of us and loved it, did a villa with family and loved it and have booked OKW for the two of us next year... I think it all depends on circumstances...
Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
Villa for us all the way, love the space and the private pool and couldn't imagine being in a hotel and having to take stuff down from a room to a pool. Just open the patio doors at the villa and you're straight there. Love sitting outside in the morning with breakfast and love having a late swim when back from a busy day out.

We can get the disney fix when we want it, but love being able to get away from it all as well and to just chill by the villa .

I agree with the above. I have experience of on site, which I found a bit too much "magic" and found the transportation a real bind at times, full busses and waiting around. Have stayed at the Poly and CBR. At CBR we were what seemed like miles away from the pool and food.
I have also been in hotels, and our last visit was in a 2 bed condo, which we also enjoyed.

But it is a villa that holds it all up for me. I like those mornings and late evenings sitting outside having a chatter and a drink. I find in a hotel room while your not washing dishes you are constantly tidying up (well we are with kids in tow). I dont do cooking meals, we would still go out for meals but its great having the space and the facilities at hand for those late nights back when all you want to do is pick up a take out and eat it out on the lanai... bliss.

So yeah Villa for me. Although I would go in most forms of accomodation to get me there.
tiggersmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 14, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

We have been 6 times and have always stayed in a villa, but we will be staying in a hotel in 2015 for the first time as there will only be the 2 of us, normally there are 6
Old 20 Nov 14, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Villa. We've had a go at all of them but now it's a DIBB villa every time.
Old 3 Dec 14, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Can't answer as we love all of them and for different reasons.

Villa - space and kids all have their own room
Disney Villa - Bit more space than hotel, DDP, Disney bubble, transport, Swimming pools
Disney Hotel - As above
Local Hotels - we love RPR a Club level for perks, pool & space in club lounge.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 14, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

The one minus point a villa has for me (other than the housework) is the pool. It's lovrly to have a pool but they're tiny, esp when there are 7 of you trying to have fun in there. It was find when there were tiny bug now they are pre-teens and teens a hotel pool wins in that dept.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 15, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Villa for us! We like having our own pool/hot tub and enjoy closing the front door and doing our own thing and having some down time. Can't beat having a drinky or three by the pool in the evenings.
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 15, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

I like a villa for my other holiday in Europe.
For Florida it's either a 2 bed condo or 2 bed onsite Disney OKW. Don't like villas in Florida as I don't like the screens over the pool and they are too far out for popping backwards and forwards to parks
nasty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List