Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Jun 19, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by jnc2345 View Post
This is needed with the bigger crowds, more people in the park means less big FPs per person. No point complaining about it, just crowd control.
Why not have the same system implemented at Magic Kingdom or Animal kingdom then? Could it be that MK is just so busy across the whole park anyway and that due to that guests are already evenly spread throughout.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nomy
Apprentice Imagineer

Nomy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I guess I'm living in the past a bit, but the last time we went in 2016 was just after they had changed over to the new FPP system from the good old FP tickets available on the day via the machines. I hate this new system with a passion. So - unable to book two tier one rides on the day, so wait until you use up the passes and then book via the app. Great idea, but there was never anything available as it was all pre-booked, so some serious queuing was the only option. Or come back another day and spend more in the parks. Grrr….
Sept 2010 - Chatham Park DIBB Villa
Oct 2016 - Sunset View, High Grove Dibb Villa
Nomy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

As mentioned on the other thread, I'm a little concerned that this will make DHS a pointless visit for us now.

We will be travelling with a young child so the only ride he will be able to go on is Toy Story Mania so I will pre-book a FP for that but on arriving at the park after on-site guests have already been in for 3 hours is going to mean insane standby queues for everything else which is just not doable with a little one in tow
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We intend to visit with the Granddaughter in August up until Star Wars opens. Then we are giving it a miss until November.

Well at least that was the game plan.

However if the Tier system is here to stay we will try it once and if it's not conducive to a nice stress free day we will ditch that Park. However where do we then go? Stroller Kingdom?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
I wonder whether this is tied to the story circulating a couple of months ago about Disney introducing more paid FPs?

Could (and I emphasies it's just a "could") be that they will offer more Tier 1 FPs for paying customers? Running HS as a trial?

Of course, all speculation and I'm probably putting 2&2 together and getting 7.
Do they run a system in California were you pay $90 for an upgraded fast pass system. Is this coming to orlando.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It is a bit strange and does seem top heavy and inverted.

The first thing that comes to mind is that almost everyone will book a FP for Star Tours. It's the only tier 2 ride, therefore you're going to use one of your tier 2 fastpasses on it. Because, let's face it, booking a show isn't a good use for a FP. Therefore that might make FPs for Star Tours difficult to get. Increased use of FPs at Star Tours may increase standby waits as well.

In essence, the single tier 2 ride at HS becomes like a tier 1 ride at the other parks. Perhaps that's the idea?

It does distribute fastpasses across the other 5 rides more, meaning that availability of SDD and ASS FPs might increase. That might be a good thing for offsite guests, maybe?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Does all this mean that the fast pass queue will be insanely long aswell as a massively long standby line? I have no interest in GE, but we do love TOT, R&R and the TS land rides. We only have one day at HS as only have 4 day tickets, we're onsite but I think it's still going to be a struggle to get fastpasses if everything is tier one!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Does all this mean that the fast pass queue will be insanely long aswell as a massively long standby line? I have no interest in GE, but we do love TOT, R&R and the TS land rides. We only have one day at HS as only have 4 day tickets, we're onsite but I think it's still going to be a struggle to get fastpasses if everything is tier one!
I think the FP lines will be shorter for the other Tier1s, and correspondingly the standby lines should actually move quicker.

I suppose the strategy would be to get an early FP for, say, Slinky, then get in and queue for TSM at opening. Do TSM, then your Slinky FP and then try the tap,grab,modify thing to try and get on RnRC and ToT.
Old 7 Jun 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What happens in the evenings when the shows stop, you won't be able to have 3 FP choices
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
What happens in the evenings when the shows stop, you won't be able to have 3 FP choices
I'm not entirely sure what you mean?

If you are prebooking your 3 FPs at 30 days out and want them all for the evening then you'd have to book those 3 FPs whenever the attractions are available. Remember one can be a tier 1 ride, one can be for Star Tours, and one can be for a show. If you wanted to use all 3 FPs to see shows then it's no different to the current situation and, yes, the latest FP you get would be limited to the latest time of the shows (again, this is no different to the current situation).

If you've talking about booking additional fastpasses on the day after using your 3 prebooked FPs in the morning, then you can only book 1 FP at a time and that FP can be for any attraction from any tier, you are not limited to just the shows. Again, this is no different to the current situation.

But perhaps I've misunderstood your question?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List