Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jan 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessBelle96
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Being pregnant and going to Florida?

Has anyone been to Florida while pregnant? Booked over a year ago and recently found out the news, what was your experiences? Is it still worth me travelling or not?
PrincessBelle96 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

I’ve been when I was 17 weeks. I didn’t go on any rides and still had an amazing time. How many weeks would you be?
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

First time we went was in 2003 and I was pregnant with our youngest. We have 3 older children who were 9, 7 and 3 at the time. I wouldn't necessarily cancel but it certainly was more difficult for me because of my pregnancy. I found it way too hot and that was in October. I might have found it easier if it was my first pregnancy though but coupled with looking after 3 children I found the parks exhausting. That said many people go when pregnant and love it.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would be gutted to be there and not be able to go on the rides, particularly if I’d paid all that money however if it is paid and it’s a choice of losing money I would definitely still go!
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

I went last April and was 22-24weeks. Had a great time and wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations!
You will have a different type of holiday but still amazing!
You need to factor in the heat and humidity will make you feel extra worn out. Keep hydrated and in the shade as much as possible.
Make sure you have top notch insurance too x
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Congratulations to you first of all. I visited when 15 weeks pregnant with my first child. I had been twice before as a child with my parents and siblings. I absolutely love the rides but didn’t mind being there and not being able to go on anything. My husband loved having the extra fast passes and I just enjoyed soaking up the sunshine and atmosphere. We took it easy and didn’t rush around but did all the parks, Disney, universal and Sw and Busch.

Edited at 09:59 PM.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Booked holiday in Sept, and then fell pregnant unexpectedly, (an older Mum! ) Travelled at 20 weeks ! Ob no big rides, took it very easy, plenty of rests and air conditioning. People watching was fun!
Had a great holiday
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I found out day before was due to fly. Was about 8 weeks. We were staying at AMI tho so no parks, just relaxing.
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbelluk
Excited about Disney

First of all CONGRATS

I went when I was 6 months pregnant and the main bit of advice I can give is make sure you inform your travel insurance company.

I was admitted on our last day as I was loosing water and DD2 was thinking of making an early entrance The cost of a day stay and all the tests came in at approx £7.5k (and that was in 2010!)

Thankfully the insurance covered everything and were brilliant in sorting things out, making travel arrangements etc for us.

So I would say go for it, take it easy whilst you're there, enjoy the smaller rides you can do, enjoy the people watching and of course enjoy eating for two but get on the phone to your insurance company and make sure they're aware you're pregnant and make sure you're covered so you can relax and have a fab time x
Tinkerbelluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List