Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jul 20, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile Virgin have changed my flight to the next day

So due to fly on the 19th August virgin Heathrow to Miami. Now I’m keeping my fingers crossed it will be cancelled anyway but that’s not the point. Just checked the app and it’s now showing we are flying on the 20th August at 2pm so over 24 hours later and not even received any kind of notification of the change! Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

yes, it happens, or the notification may have been delayed

if you're not keen on flying anymore, just give them a call (if you booked through a 3rd party that's who you need to talk to) and ask for a refund.

it was only because I was regularly checking (hoping flights would be cancelled) that I noticed.

3 of my flights tyo TPA (indirect) have been changed or plain out cancelled since june 30th. Never received any kind of notification

One rep over the phone told me I would eventually receive an email asking me to accept or decline the proposed changes, but told me the volume they had to deal with was ginormous so they could not tell how long it would take ...

Just a word of advice for whoever cares to read. If your company allows your flight to be added to sites like Checkmytrip (some companies don't) then definitely do it.
The will send you notifications whenever a flight change happens. Even when your company does not send them out.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

It happened to us last year, we were moved forward a day with no notification whatsoever.
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryli
New Poster (4)

Mobile

We were due to fly to Miami with Virgin on the 19th. I received an email from them on the 22nd June to advise us they were changing the flight to the morning of the 20th. On Saturday I got another email with a change of time to 2pm. Neither email suggested the option of cancelling for a refund. I am hanging on hoping that they cancel the whole flight soon.
Ryli is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

i am sure if its a significant change then you have the right to refund or change and pushing back a day is significant in my eyes
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Agree with above. I'm sure I've heard that if I flight is more than 24 hours one way or the other, that's not a time change but an entirely different flight, and hence you are entitled to full refund
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by AL1S0N View Post
Agree with above. I'm sure I've heard that if I flight is more than 24 hours one way or the other, that's not a time change but an entirely different flight, and hence you are entitled to full refund
Check the individual airlines policy, as it might well me a lot less than that - I’ve had a full refund on my delta flight as it was changed by 4hrs 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone. Finally got a message back from netflights saying yes due to it being moved to the next day I’m entitled to a full refund. I’ve completed the refund form so let’s see ... I have a feeling I’ll still be waiting this time in November 🤔