Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Sep 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Anyone else get super anxious before a holiday?

I always feel like I never enjoy the week or so before a holiday because I'm always filled with worry. If its not about one thing it's about something else.

Each year I convince myself in the few days running up to my trip that I'm sick or at least going to get sick. I've always suffered from health anxiety, but feel that's boosted around the time of going on holiday.

Anyone else get this way? I truly feel like I'm spoiling the run-up to the trip for myself and my husband atm, but can't seem to shake this fear and worry.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Yup! I know exactly what you mean and it drives me crazy. I try to ignore it and concentrate on being excited about the holiday but a week or two beforehand it just creeps up on me and before I know it I'm not sleeping properly, worrying about every little niggle, which is ridiculous as I'm hardly ever ill.

I'm off to runDLP next week and it doesn't help that DD and someone at work have announced they have colds

If you find a solution to it let me know!
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
wendim
Being a bit Goofy

I am the same, my run up week is next week and being someone who suffers from anxiety too I always feel better when Im checked in at the airport. All sorts enter my thoughts and you are correct it can take away the excitement a little, When do you go?
wendim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Thanks both, it's so stressful. I would love a solution. I'm going to use my meditation app later and see if that helps settle my nerves.

We leave on Sunday to fly on Monday, so all I'm thinking about at the moment is that I have two more working days to go to the doctors if there is something wrong with me. So sad isn't it. I just can't switch off the worry.

We have insurance of course, and I know that worst case scenario I could go to a healthcare provider in the US but even so. I've actually given myself a back knot today worrying about it.

I think I need a week off before my holiday next time... lol

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Me too & now of course made worse as BA Strike & drones
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Me too & now of course made worse as BA Strike & drones
I'm with you on that one. Still got my eye on the hurricane forecast as we speak which isn't helping.

Old 11 Sep 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Sending you hugs. I get the same as you before I go on holiday my anxiety/health anxiety gets worse. anxiety is such a horrible illness.

Wishing you a fantastic holiday.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Sending you hugs. I get the same as you before I go on holiday my anxiety/health anxiety gets worse. anxiety is such a horrible illness.

Wishing you a fantastic holiday.
Thank you so much, lovely

Old 11 Sep 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Yep same here, start waking in the middle of the night and my stomach is churning, everyone else is excited and I pretend to be 😣 it doesn't stop until I am at the airport
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Mines started already and i have 6 weeks to go yet. I suffer with anxiety in general about everything but it goes into overdrive when i have a holiday coming up. Especially when i have 2 kids that seem to pick up every illness going. Dont think we’ve ever had a holiday where someone wasn’t ill a few days before. I can only relax when i get on the plane