Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Sep 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Yep same here, start waking in the middle of the night and my stomach is churning, everyone else is excited and I pretend to be 😣 it doesn't stop until I am at the airport
Mine mysteriously vanishes the moment I get to the airport too. I feel ridiculous, but doesn't make any difference.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by xXxSammi88xXx View Post
Mines started already and i have 6 weeks to go yet. I suffer with anxiety in general about everything but it goes into overdrive when i have a holiday coming up. Especially when i have 2 kids that seem to pick up every illness going. Dont think we’ve ever had a holiday where someone wasn’t ill a few days before. I can only relax when i get on the plane
I suppose in that situation you're not only concerned about yourself but your kids too. Once I'm on the plane and in my seat I'm good too.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I used to be terrible when we had pets, now we only have the oldest goldfish in the world it's a lot better.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Me today!
Trying to do online check in, as we are flying with flybe to Manchester then mco (all as a package on VH)
let us check on the flybe flight no probs, but said go to VA site for flight to mco... OK fine, so I do that and it says check in via flybe website... Que message to VA who say I need to put Manchester as my departure airport right ok so I do that and finally in but now it appears one of us has been selected for the extra security so can't check us all online anyway, they assure me it can be done at the flybe desk at Edinburgh... I sure hope so!
Andddd breath...
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

I am exactly the same, look forward to the holiday for months and months and then suddenly feel worried about everything. We go next Wednesday I am already anxious. I’m constantly worrying that something will stop us going whether it’s the weather, travel issues or health related. I also worry about the cats who will be off to the cattery. I’m hoping I’ll be better once I get to the airport!

Edited at 05:09 PM.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Used to happen to me a couple of days before travel, but now it lasts for weeks. Even doing my ESTA or booking anything online gets my tummy doing somersaults. I don't usually settle until we reach our (first) hotel.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

5-htp. Take 1 capsule in the morning with breakfast, 1 before bed. Natural stuff, does wonders for anxiety and also helps with sleeping issues. Takes 2-3 days to kick in.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

I’m the exact same get so anxious the week before to the point I feel constantly sick doesn’t help that we all got ill in Spain a few years ago and was bedded all week. Then last year we never got on the holiday as my dd had a sickness bug and wasn’t fit to fly 😫 Once I’m on the plane I’m fine 🤦
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Last two weeks before holiday, I should be so excited, but no, the "what it's" start to creep in. However silly I know they are I can't stop them.

Made worse now of travel solo

Thankfully normally by the time I board the plane I feel ok again.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes I’m like that. I’m not an anxious person normally but in the couple of weeks preceding a Florida holiday I worry about everything. I won’t relax until we’re at the airport on Friday.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List