Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Sep 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I have to agree with the not impressed crowd. We both got the cliff dweller and 1 Oga's obsession to share and with tip it was nearly $100 (admittedly we could have halved this with different drinks). I didn't mind the noise and I thought the CM's were great but it was very uncomfortable to stand in such a crowded area for any length of time. They seemed to keep adding people so there were 10 crowded around a very small table by the time we left. I don't know how they could do it any differently but I probably would have given it a miss if i'd had a look in the door first!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 03:19 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Walked in on the day i did the early hours no queue. Looked good. Had blue bantha milk and it was revolting. Gloopy bubble gum almost flavoured milk with added sugar and a sugar cookie on top. Cost $15 with tip which btw they suggested an 18/20% which i ignored as it wasnt a specialty drink.

Wouldn't go back

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by pinkspideruk View Post
Walked in on the day i did the early hours no queue. Looked good. Had blue bantha milk and it was revolting. Gloopy bubble gum almost flavoured milk with added sugar and a sugar cookie on top. Cost $15 with tip which btw they suggested an 18/20% which i ignored as it wasnt a specialty drink.

Wouldn't go back
Yup me too. Actually the Bantha milk was just about drinkable after trying to eat the cookie which tasted of nothing but sugar but it wasn't nice - fat free milk with sugar, vanilla and blue colouring
It's themed to be like the bar in the film, so expect it to be noisy and crowded. I was disappointed the band weren't there. A very expensive half hour.
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post

My last (departure) day today and so we will not be going this trip and possibly not ever.

I can’t believe when the bookings opened up I spent a crazy hour trying to get a slot! I got quite a few in the end and cancelled them all one by one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We did it last week and loved it. It really made Galaxy's Edge for us! Have fun!

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
My last (departure) day today and so we will not be going this trip and possibly not ever.

I can’t believe when the bookings opened up I spent a crazy hour trying to get a slot! I got quite a few in the end and cancelled them all one by one.
Safe trip home.

I can however recommend Docking Bay 7 for food to anyone and the mobile ordering service. The crowd was out the door when we went having pre ordered our food and we just walked in having clicked 'we are here' to an empty serving desk with the CM standing there with our very welcome two classes of beer - the food was extremely good to for what a QS place.
Old 27 Sep 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Safe trip home.

I can however recommend Docking Bay 7 for food to anyone and the mobile ordering service. The crowd was out the door when we went having pre ordered our food and we just walked in having clicked 'we are here' to an empty serving desk with the CM standing there with our very welcome two classes of beer - the food was extremely good to for what a QS place.
We went to Docking Bay 7, reviewed here. It was dead, we walked in and had our pick of seats. I can imagine it will take off and be hugely popular however, we both said that we won’t be so lucky next trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW365
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Just managed to book after weeks of trying!
WDW365 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Tbh, I'm only keeping our reservation in case crowds build up in October and we need it to gain entry to GE. If it's still relatively quiet and easy to access, then I'll probably cancel it, unless DH really wants to go.
That's exactly my feeling, I'm not actually much of a "bar" person but thought this might be fun but the more I read the less interested I am in going. I don't really like SW that much but DH is a fan so I want to visit GE for his sake and thought this would at least guarantee us entry but it doesn't seem to be that busy.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
So this may be a ridiculous question, but can you go into the cantina and not actually have a drink? I have managed to get us a reservation but on looking at the menu nothing on there is appealing at all. We really just want to look inside but will we be made to order something?
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List