Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 May 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Kenwood
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by sameeel View Post
Have you checked you flights on VA? - I went on my booking last week and the layover on the way home had a schedule change and a red banner told me to contact customer services. I had to do this by text and they came back to me about 48hrs later. The flight change meant I would miss my connection and was offered to be put on the direct flight instead at no extra cost. I text back asking if there were any other options available to em at this time and the reply was to cancel flights and receive a full refund. So I cancelled. Just awaiting the refund which I was advised could take a while as they have a backlog .
Ours is a direct flight from MAN to MCO, and current still shows as scheduled.

Sent another txt to VA this morning who have replied with a long winded txt which basically says to contact them within 14 days of departure as they are currently dealing with more urgent cases.
If they do fly on the day, there could still be social distancing measures in place, so half the plane wouldn’t fly anyway. How would they sort that one out! Tell half the families the day before that they’re not flying.

Today is my FastPass day, don’t know if it’s worth the effort or grief putting myself through the process of doing them

There’s a possibility that we could move Disney till next summer, but we would lose the free DDP.
Kenwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sameeel
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kenwood View Post
Ours is a direct flight from MAN to MCO, and current still shows as scheduled.

Sent another txt to VA this morning who have replied with a long winded txt which basically says to contact them within 14 days of departure as they are currently dealing with more urgent cases.
If they do fly on the day, there could still be social distancing measures in place, so half the plane wouldn’t fly anyway. How would they sort that one out! Tell half the families the day before that they’re not flying.

Today is my FastPass day, don’t know if it’s worth the effort or grief putting myself through the process of doing them

There’s a possibility that we could move Disney till next summer, but we would lose the free DDP.

My flights were direct there and indirect on return, I think because the schedule changed it was what entitled me to cancel and get a full refund, I found virgin a dream to deal with, I thought they would have tried everything to have me change to the direct return flight just to keep my booking. I have just cancelled a couple of hotels which haven’t cost anything- my Disney balance due Thursday.. my next call 😓

I have priced up my hotel etc for next summer.. it’s a lot more £££ - ! Hoping they start to advertise offers soon
Old 4 May 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Kenwood
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by sameeel View Post
My flights were direct there and indirect on return, I think because the schedule changed it was what entitled me to cancel and get a full refund, I found virgin a dream to deal with, I thought they would have tried everything to have me change to the direct return flight just to keep my booking. I have just cancelled a couple of hotels which haven’t cost anything- my Disney balance due Thursday.. my next call 😓

I have priced up my hotel etc for next summer.. it’s a lot more £££ - ! Hoping they start to advertise offers soon
Ours have had their schedules changed, but only by 20mins or so. It’s happened twice if i recall.

Not enough to get a red banner though
VS-75 seems to be scheduled to depart from 3 weeks today, any dates below that seem to be cancelled.

I’m tempted to opt for the “keep my flight open” option on VA, but I don’t know where we’d stand if VA went under. Although VA would have my money, I technically wouldn’t have a flight booked with them. I hope a Section 75 Credit Card Refund would be applicable in this case.
Kenwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

So today was balance due day and as Disney have not extended the date to amend/cancel without penalty I have paid the balance although fully expect not to be going. Very bizarre!

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LMAM
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
So today was balance due day and as Disney have not extended the date to amend/cancel without penalty I have paid the balance although fully expect not to be going. Very bizarre!
Mine was yesterday and I also paid the balance. Our fast passes are all arranged in relation to our ADRs which we know won’t be happening. Disney advised me yesterday it would be very unlikely they will extend the ‘refund’ date from 30th June but I’m ever hopeful!
LMAM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Kenwood View Post
We have booked separate VA flights, so it seems I’m stuck with the dilemmas:
Cancel Disney, lose the deposit & hope VA cancels the flight for a refund.
Paying the balance & if travel is not permitted claim refunds for Disney & VA.
Pay the balance & if travel is permitted & parks open then weigh up whether to go or not given that it won’t be the holiday we are all expecting. I could cancel Disney in this case 8 days before, and just take the hit On the flights.

Ooh my head hurts trying to digest all this
Ditto.

I don't really have anything more to add - just commenting so that I can follow along.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
CavySlave
Helping Donald

Mobile

Originally Posted by LMAM View Post
Disney advised me yesterday it would be very unlikely they will extend the ‘refund’ date from 30th June but I’m ever hopeful!
I think they shall do something if the borders are still shut for many international guests. They may wait a while to announce it but after that they will have to do something. Or the Mouse gets bad publicity.
CavySlave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

Our payment due date is 29th May, not sure what to do about paying it, Disney said to ring them a few days beforehand, but they probably still won't know anything by then. Would be better if they delayed the final payment for everyone until they know what is happening themselves.
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

It is a well known fact that Disney are losing money hand over fist at the moment and it was reported recently that they needed to borrow huge sums (twice).

I'd say they are currently cash starved, so I'd encourage them to incenticise those of us who would prefer to go next year(eg free dining, gift cards etc,) so that we pay the balance on the due date rather than have us cancel the booking and lose the deposit and possibly change our minds and not go at all!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPete
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lam View Post
It is a well known fact that Disney are losing money hand over fist at the moment and it was reported recently that they needed to borrow huge sums (twice).

I'd say they are currently cash starved, so I'd encourage them to incenticise those of us who would prefer to go next year(eg free dining, gift cards etc,) so that we pay the balance on the due date rather than have us cancel the booking and lose the deposit and possibly change our minds and not go at all!
I agree with this - Disney and other companies need to be incentivising people who have invested cash in their services to allow them to continue to hold onto that cash.
Disney should be honouring DDP/Gift Cards etc.
The airlines should be offering a voucher which gives us the flexibility to book a like for like flight to the same destination within the next 2 years at no extra cost.
Now that would be showing loyalty to customers who have had the patience to part with their money and help these companies financially during a difficult time by not asking for their funds back.
Instead we get Disney still wanting deposits for people travelling in July/August knowing the chances of this happening are slim and airlines demonstrating some despicable behaviour by trying to hold onto other people's cash to keep themselves afloat.
This whole sorry mess leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and will do irreparable damage to the travel industry in terms of customer confidence.
DisneyPete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List