Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jul 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by captainuk View Post
Due to fly to Boston on 18th September. We are playing the waiting game too. Got to the stage where we just want our money back, it will be difficult to enjoy a holiday with restrictions in place. Come on BA cancel our flight please
The restrictions don't bother me too much as a part of me thinks it could make the holiday even more memorable (in a roundabout sort of way!) but I think with the election coming up imminently and their numbers are just sky rocketing then I would rather not take the risk but I understand that other people are still really hoping that their trip goes ahead and I hope for them it does too as they can tell us all about it!

Fingers crossed it won't be too much longer until we hear something!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
The restrictions don't bother me too much as a part of me thinks it could make the holiday even more memorable (in a roundabout sort of way!) but I think with the election coming up imminently and their numbers are just sky rocketing then I would rather not take the risk but I understand that other people are still really hoping that their trip goes ahead and I hope for them it does too as they can tell us all about it!

Fingers crossed it won't be too much longer until we hear something!
I have seen on other threads that BA have been cancelling flight during the last week of a month/first few days of the next for the following month. So recently last week of June and now first days of July for August cancellations and similar for May and June for July ones. If they do the same for September I would think they will be doing them around end of July and start of August for September. But at the moment the way everything changes so quickly it might be sooner - no one knows..
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’re among those hoping for a cancellation. We have already sorted out our accommodation refunds and deferrals. Just would like our flights refunded, we are prepared to wait for 120 days as seems to be the case if it helps save jobs for Virgin staff.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
I have seen on other threads that BA have been cancelling flight during the last week of a month/first few days of the next for the following month. So recently last week of June and now first days of July for August cancellations and similar for May and June for July ones. If they do the same for September I would think they will be doing them around end of July and start of August for September. But at the moment the way everything changes so quickly it might be sooner - no one knows..
They seem to have cancelled the vast majority of August so far so I'm hoping September isn't too far behind! Keeping everything crossed for the moment!

meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Yes, our August flights were cancelled on 24th June
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We’re among those hoping for a cancellation. We have already sorted out our accommodation refunds and deferrals. Just would like our flights refunded, we are prepared to wait for 120 days as seems to be the case if it helps save jobs for Virgin staff.
I'm with you there! As much as I would love my money back in a heartbeat this has also been an awful time for anyone working in the travel industry. All these people who may lose their jobs all because of this virus it's going to take some time for the travel industry to be able to take off again (pun not intended ) but fingers crossed we get through it in the end and there doesn't end up being too many casualties job wise as a result of it

Old 2 Jul 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Yes, our August flights were cancelled on 24th June
Sorry to hear your flights were cancelled when in August were you scheduled to go?

Old 2 Jul 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Poor OP, not so sure that response was called for? - it was as general observation made.
I appreciated that, thank you

Old 4 Jul 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Just to follow up re Disney payment extension. I’m just off the phone with them this am and they said no payment extension. My balance is due 16/7 but is much reduced as I’ve dropped down my duration. Confirmed cancellation up to 8 days before travel is still loss of deposit only.

So I’m just going to have to pay the balance as it’s due before BA are likely to cancel my flight.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

Did you book directly with them?

Did you try guest relations rather than the main phone number?
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List