VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another great day finished with a football match

Glad the Scarborough shirt got some attention

Joan
Thanks Joan-
Certainly was a great day. What we would give for something like that this summer 😳
Hope all still good with you and Mick and you are both keeping well 👍

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Thanks Joan-
Certainly was a great day. What we would give for something like that this summer 😳
Hope all still good with you and Mick and you are both keeping well 👍
Hi - it's Mick here

We're very well thanks and hope that you and yours are too.

Sadly though I think both our glasses are now becoming half empty for November. I've tried to be optimistic but Joan has always been more pragmatic I guess.

Mick
Old 17 Aug 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Well you surprised me I wasn't expecting that ending! I was confident you would have one final watch of Illuminations, but no there was a twist in the tale. It sounds like you had the perfect day and that even if the football wasn't the most spectacular you still enjoyed the atmosphere and had a fab time. Now the next chapter awaits. Off for some relaxation on the coast it seems. I'll not try and make any predictions about what you get up to at your next stop, I'll just wait somewhat impatiently for the next instalment.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Another lovely day. Thanks for sharing all of this. We are keen to get back as soon as possible but life/money/work/pandemic may make this much longer than we had hoped. We have had a few little breaks in the UK this year...camping and a cabin in the woods but the sunshine of Florida beacons. Looking forward to reading about your time at the coast. Love the fork!
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Hi - it's Mick here

We're very well thanks and hope that you and yours are too.

Sadly though I think both our glasses are now becoming half empty for November. I've tried to be optimistic but Joan has always been more pragmatic I guess.

Mick
Hi Mick,

So sad to hear you have both hit that wall of fearing for your November trip, as much as we all try to keep an optimistic hat on, I fear for how long we will be locked out of The States and with that all of the magical memories we all share in Florida. I know it will happen one day but that doesn't help much when you just want to get away.

Take care and get all the old photos out to remind yourself of many happy times in the past - it is one thing that is keeping us going!

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Well you surprised me I wasn't expecting that ending! I was confident you would have one final watch of Illuminations, but no there was a twist in the tale. It sounds like you had the perfect day and that even if the football wasn't the most spectacular you still enjoyed the atmosphere and had a fab time. Now the next chapter awaits. Off for some relaxation on the coast it seems. I'll not try and make any predictions about what you get up to at your next stop, I'll just wait somewhat impatiently for the next instalment.
Good to know I can still surprise!
There was no way of beating the last time we watched illuminations so a night at the football was a different way to end our Orlando part of the trip.
Next instalment coming up very soon - I've been away for a few days so will get onto that tonight after we record the latest podcast. Will keep you in suspense for Sept 1st -but I read your DLP with interest as it looked so good and ...

Old 20 Aug 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
Another lovely day. Thanks for sharing all of this. We are keen to get back as soon as possible but life/money/work/pandemic may make this much longer than we had hoped. We have had a few little breaks in the UK this year...camping and a cabin in the woods but the sunshine of Florida beacons. Looking forward to reading about your time at the coast. Love the fork!
Thank you fro your continued reading, it is so frustrating just not knowing or being able to plan anything for the future simply as there is nothing certain about what future holidays will look like
Good to read you have managed to get away in the UK, a change of scenery is definitely good for everyone.

Clearwater incoming soon

Thanks for reading