Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Nov 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
I’ve not thought of this. Do you just out the sandwich in the basket? How long would you do it for please?
Hi I butter the outside of the bread and put in basket turning half way. Takes about 8 mins
Old 9 Nov 20, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
So how does an actifry differ from an air fryer? Or are they basically the same?
I have had a Phillips tower airfryer and also have an actifry. I didn't get on with the tower one. I had to open the basket and manually shake stuff around. Bit too hands on for me. My DS has it and loves it.

Actifry has a rotating paddle arm. This stirs the food for you, and turns it around as it goes. It is excellent for breaded and frozen stuff, potatoes and anything firm. Spray with frylight and turn it on set timer and come back. DD loves this one.

I haven't found it does so well for softer stuff because I think it can get a bit smudged. Never done baked pots in it don't know how it would work as the bit you put the food in is ring donut shaped. So don't follow pizzas or sandwiches either. I know some make casseroles and chilli but don't know how they put wet stuff in. It is smooth like a saucepan though. The airfryer was like a basket so nothing wet. You can buy actifry with a baskety thing at the top to keep things still.

I am saving for a ninja foodie. Need to redo the kitchen first though as nowhere big enough to keep it lol 😂
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
This is all new to me. What's an air fryer? How is it different from other things?
Mostly people on this thread talking about chips baked potatoes breaded chicken etc. so would it not be the right thing if you eat low carb ( i.e. none of those things and a lot of fat)?
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Not sure if this is a good deal but noticed this Ninja model on Amazon today for £149.00 instead of £199.99 - advertised as a Black Friday deal.

amazon/Ninja-OP300...2 C210&sr=8-4

This model is £179.00 instead of £229.99

amazon/Ninja-Elect...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
peachywish
Serious Dibber

Following this thread with interest as I have been eyeing up one of these for eons but just can't decide which one!

DLP: 2000, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2016, 2018
WDW: 2004, 2014, 2018
peachywish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Not sure if this is a good deal but noticed this Ninja model on Amazon today for £149.00 instead of £199.99 - advertised as a Black Friday deal.

amazon/Ninja-OP300...2 C210&sr=8-4

This model is £179.00 instead of £229.99

amazon/Ninja-Elect...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
If anyone is a Costco member, I bought the first one in store at the weekend for £131 including VAT.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Just as an update Amazon has both the Ninja Max OP450UK and Ninja Max OP500UK for £179.00 - does anyone have any thoughts of which one would be the better of the two (if there;s any difference that is).
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

The Op500UK has a dehydrate and yoghurt function apart from that they are the same I think.
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Camsmummy View Post
The Op500UK has a dehydrate and yoghurt function apart from that they are the same I think.
Thanks Camsmummy - so Op500UK basically a newer "improved" version with a couple of extra features that will be rarely used (possibly). But if it is a updated version for the same price then worth it.
Old 18 Nov 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Yes you might as well if they are the same price.The ninja kitchen has a limited edition model on there in the Black Friday offers,it is red and comes with some free accessories.
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List