Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Dec 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

November/December 2022

Hi all,

After this year like most we had to cancel our Sept trip and then completely ruled out 2021 as we believe the demand will be massive.

We've now decided to go all out for 2022 and do 3 weeks rather than 2 as it will most likely be the last USA trip for a while...

We've decided on the last week of Nov and first two weeks of Dec in 2022. What are peoples opinions on this time of the year when it comes down to weather in these months etc? I would ask about the crowds but I can't see it being quiet for some time when we're all allowed back..

Just want people to describe their thoughts and experiences during these months.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Its a really lovely time of year to go! Temperatures can drop, and suddenly too - one day it was about 12 degrees and by evening we were freezing, but the next say was 25 and we were back in shorts!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I have been this time of year every year for the past 4 years (apart from this year obviously!).

I have to say I love it. Generally I find the days to be warm and sometimes even hot (I have had multiple days of around 28-30 degrees in November and sometimes in December). It's not as humid as the summer and I don't remember there being quite as many storms as the summer months.

Having said that, it can be cold and they do have cold spells during this period. I have had it a few times where it was highs of 13 or 14 degrees for about 2 or 3 days and you will need layers and jeans/jackets for those days as it feels bitter over there.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, we have only ever been at this time and it is brilliant! The parks are busy over the Thanksgiving weekend but still doable then after that it goes quiet and you can do all the rides easily, All the parks are beautifully decorated and Seaworld has Christmas evenings that are included in the ticket price. Disney has a lot more MVMCP in the evenings now which you have to buy a separate ticket for so we found we could only get to see the fireworks at MK on 8 evenings over the 24 days we were there so you will have to plan your days there. We have mainly had t shirt weather but when the odd day when the temperature drops it goes down overnight and the next day you could need layers and even gloves, Definately a lovely time to go.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

We did Nov in to December in 2010 and found it to be lovely during the day but quite chilly at night. Remember one day in particular when we had gone out for a full day at Epcot that finished with dinner at Le Cellier and the Candlelight procession. We were freezing watching the show and i had to sneak off and get a couple of hoodies. So layers and a backpack definately a must

We are doing 3 weeks in 2022 also October in to November. Flights, car, Universal hotel/tickets and Discovery Cove booked so far a with fingers crossed we can secure POR in April
2003 - Hilton Garden Inn I-Drive
2010 - Staybridge Suites LBV
2012 - Beach Club
2017 - Old Key West
2019 - Old Key West/Hard Rock Hotel
2022 - Reunion/BC/AKL/Hard Rock Hotel!
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mollymoo11
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We have been 3 times at this time for no particular reason other than it was easier to save for later in the year. we had 26 or 27 degrees most days, the parks are beautifully decorated and not as busy as you would think, apart from the really popular stuff...shows, parades and parties, cooler at night but highly recommended, have the best time we are rebooked for September 2022 x
mollymoo11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 03:02 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Seaworldfan View Post
We did Nov in to December in 2010 and found it to be lovely during the day but quite chilly at night. Remember one day in particular when we had gone out for a full day at Epcot that finished with dinner at Le Cellier and the Candlelight procession. We were freezing watching the show and i had to sneak off and get a couple of hoodies. So layers and a backpack definately a must

We are doing 3 weeks in 2022 also October in to November. Flights, car, Universal hotel/tickets and Discovery Cove booked so far a with fingers crossed we can secure POR in April
You’ve managed to book flights this early? I assume it’s a package with Virgin or something?
Old 6 Dec 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itsmeGAV View Post
You’ve managed to book flights this early? I assume it’s a package with Virgin or something?
Yeah Fly Drive with Virgin hols.
2003 - Hilton Garden Inn I-Drive
2010 - Staybridge Suites LBV
2012 - Beach Club
2017 - Old Key West
2019 - Old Key West/Hard Rock Hotel
2022 - Reunion/BC/AKL/Hard Rock Hotel!
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I agree, really lovely time of year to go, probably my favourite, but it can get really chilli!

My memories popped up on FB this morning as we were there this time last year, DH was swimming during the day (just hot tub for me!), I was in 3/4 length trousers every day with a sleeveless blouse (I REALLY feel the cold), a fleece was definitely needed when out of the sunshine, and during the evenings.

There was only one night where the temp really dropped for us during that stay, it was our MVMCP night and I was cold, but great excuse to keep stopping for hot chocolate!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks all for the great info, it's really helped us confirm that we'll be booking for Nov/Dec!

Can't wait to be drinking a nice hot chocolate in MK during a chilly evening