Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jul 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

HR Advice if possible please

One of my employee's has refused to fill in a holiday form. Do I still need to pay holiday pay?

I've looked on Google but can't find anything on this situation.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I would’ve thought if he’s refused to fill in a form then it’s not legal,why would he not fill the form in
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Minnie, does that mean they’re effectively taking holiday that hasn’t been authorised because they refuse to follow the correct procedures to request it?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

? Why on earth would they not fill one in?! You mean they've asked for holidays but won't fill the form in?
Surely if they take those without a form filled in and signed off it would be grounds for misconduct?
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
I would’ve thought if he’s refused to fill in a form then it’s not legal,why would he not fill the form in
I honestly don't know, I've asked a few times and get ignored. it's all a bit odd.
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Minnie, does that mean they’re effectively taking holiday that hasn’t been authorised because they refuse to follow the correct procedures to request it?
Yes they are not following policy. Booking holidays and telling me with a week to go that they are away and not filling in a form.
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
? Why on earth would they not fill one in?! You mean they've asked for holidays but won't fill the form in?
Surely if they take those without a form filled in and signed off it would be grounds for misconduct?
Yeah that's right, I was thinking it would be gross misconduct.
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Hi

I would be tempted to email them informing them that they must fill in the form to achieve official approval. I would also quote something from HR regarding leave taken without authorisation. You then have proof they know the rules - if they continue to refuse you can take action.
Disney Bear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Hi

I would be tempted to email them informing them that they must fill in the form to achieve official approval. I would also quote something from HR regarding leave taken without authorisation. You then have proof they know the rules - if they continue to refuse you can take action.
Thanks I done that the other day along with other things including opening my personal mail. They refused to come in on the meeting date and said they will see me when they get back to work after there holidays.

Honestly words fail me 😱🙄😳😪
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Definately need to have a paper trail as proof of refusal. Will this last minute leave have implications for you?