Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just back thoughts /future plans

I’ve been writing a trip report which I will finish today or tomorrow but I thought I’d Summarise . We flew virgin/delta indirect via Atlanta for the first time booked with netflights . Both companies were fabulous . Delta airlines are very clean and Atlanta was easy so I needed not worried like i did , 2 hrs layover both ways was plenty although there are no kiosks anymore in Atlanta so normal immigration queue was a little long .

Disney stay
We had 5 nights deluxe ddp at the yacht . Dire . Never again . Enough said . Awaiting reply from complaint I put in even after meeting with one of the managers.
Deluxe dining was good though ( apart from trying to convert credits to get stuff from ghiradellis) and we had some lovely meals , 9 dragons and Cali grill were standouts but it’s eye watering how much the food costs and it’s getting ridiculous. We had an offsite stay and we cancelled any Adrs we had booked second week apart from a return to 9 dragons for lunch .
Service was good at all though and food nice .im going to add up the total cost when I’m less tired.
Skyliner is really good , when it’s all running . Check before you get on that both lines are running .
Some Disney staff ( especially yacht staff) don’t appear to have a clue what they are doing or advising people . It’s not just the odd one either , guest services were pretty dire as well.
Poly stay , blown away , thanks to jo for renting me points . Exceptional hotel and staff .

Disney bus crash
, not the best first day but we came off ok if a little stiff fir the next few days . Awaiting to here about that as well .
Mnsshp
was definitely oversold and less enjoyable than previous years. Not sure I’d spend money on it again unless it was our only ticket .
Mvmcp ,
total washout and cancelled parade etc at the last minute and you could t see the fireworks because of the sun and smoke . They did finally give us a full refund though the next day.

Disney merchandise
My word it’s getting ridiculously expensive .$75 for a jumper. We paid less for two jumper in Ralph Lauren! I got a few bits but not as much as I have in the past . It’s just too overpriced.

Bahama bay , cannot fault the resort and a big thank you to Lisa for renting us her apartment . love the resort and the apartment was fabulous .

Offsite meals
Ford’s garage was outstanding and excellent value for money , ds was like a kid in sweet shop, the theming is outstanding . Staff were fabulous as well.
We also ate at Bahama breeze , millers, ihop , blaze , charleys philly steaks and mcds for a happy meal as after dx ddp we couldn’t face food for a day or so . All great food but noticeable price increases but certain not Disney prices .

Best deal
Discovery cove Florida tix deal , so glad we booked it and thanks to the dinner that posted it. We had a great day.

Weather
So variable , from over 90 and unbearable humidity to miss 60,s in the evening second week . We had a massive thunderstorm which we’ve never experienced in October/nov before and it rained constantly all day on mvmcp day . Top tip , bring a variety of clothing and a spare pair of shoes .

Outlets and bargains
There are still many great bargains to be had a we filled a suitcase with clothes for the boys at a fraction of the cost of here , so even with the exchange rate they offers are there. $13 for timberland hoodie!

Future
We did the dvc tour and are looking further into it . Dh is 50 next year and I’ve been asking him for months what he wants to do to celebrate , he announced he wants to spend it in Florida , so the hunt is on for flights if I can find a decent deal otherwise it’s skeggy lol.
Overall despite everything we still love Florida but the parks have been really busy the past few days so I don’t know if it’s time to rethink how we do Florida . We will see.
Thanks for reading !
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Maybe try California for your Hubby’s Demi century and a different take on Disney ?
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Maybe try California for your Hubby’s Demi century and a different take on Disney ?
We’ve talked about it this time as We have family out there , I may have to turn into a family visit as well if we went . I fancy the gulf coast though.
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We’ve talked about it this time as We have family out there , I may have to turn into a family visit as well if we went . I fancy the gulf coast though.
I have stayed in Marco Island and it was stunning
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Thank you , I’ll take a look
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post

How nice to see Nine Dragons have a mention. We visit every time we go and love the ambiance, food, and top-notch service which is consistent time after time ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

The future...

Florida can work really well with no Disney at all (or anywhere in between). We no longer trouble the Mouse, but still rate Florida as an awesome destination.

The Gulf Coast (anywhere between Pensacola and Key West) is beautiful and the sand, excellent.

Southern Florida and the Keys can be a vacation on its own.. or part of a multi centre.

The Panhandle likewise.

As years have gone by, whilst initially being drawn to Orlando and Disney, we have increasingly widened our scope to pretty much all of the Coastal USA (See signature).

I agree with one of the previous posters that California, between SFO and San Diego is an awesome option. We are visiting for the second time next Easter. Where we have differing views is on Disney LA. I would never return as there are so many other things that interest my family more.. In fact I would never return to LA.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I have been wondering how you are. The initial stay sounds awful and I hope you get an appropriate response from Disney.

Its a shame that you had a bad start but seems like you managed to make the most out of the rest of the holiday x
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I have been wondering how you are. The initial stay sounds awful and I hope you get an appropriate response from Disney.

Its a shame that you had a bad start but seems like you managed to make the most out of the rest of the holiday x
It was a real up and down trip and made me sad that I felt that way about Disney after I had been so excited about staying there. They have some fabulous hotels as the poly proved. I’m not holding my breath but if I don’t get an appropriate response then I would like to take it further than guest relations so I might have to start digging for email addresses.
Our offsite stay was fabulous and we had 2 full days with no Disney theme parks which for us is unheard of but we didn’t miss them either .
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Second that
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List