Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jul 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
elshabba
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Disney Payment Extension September

Has anyone who has booked direct with Disney and due to travel in September received a payment extension?

We’re due to travel 20th September so our current payment date is 26th July. I rang to see if there were any extensions but the cast member who I spoke to said it was just July and August travellers who would receive the 35 day before extension.

I know there has been conflicting cast member info on this before, so I was just wondering if anyone had received one?

Thanks
elshabba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by elshabba View Post
Has anyone who has booked direct with Disney and due to travel in September received a payment extension?

We’re due to travel 20th September so our current payment date is 26th July. I rang to see if there were any extensions but the cast member who I spoke to said it was just July and August travellers who would receive the 35 day before extension.

I know there has been conflicting cast member info on this before, so I was just wondering if anyone had received one?

Thanks
When we found out about having to make a decision about the 35% discount I phoned and said everything about my flight were up in the air and I couldn't make a decision about accepting the offer if I wouldn't hear about my flights until August at the earliest. The CM I spoke too very kindly gave me an extension on my balance.

Unfortunately when I phoned last week about being moved resorts he told me I still had to pay on July 23rd, I told him I had been given a payment extension and he went away and spoke with guest relations. He told me this one time they would honour the payment extension that I was given but he confirmed to me they weren't offering these for people with September trips and I should've never been offered the payment extension in the first place.

So I think unfortunately in your case you will still have to pay on July 26th

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
elshabba
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
So I think unfortunately in your case you will still have to pay on July 26th
Thank you for reply! I thought that would be the case. I’ve just text my Dad who were travelling with to tell him no extension. I think I’ll just chuck the balance on my credit card - then if it’s cancelled I’m not waiting for thousands in my bank for the refund.
elshabba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by elshabba View Post
Thank you for reply! I thought that would be the case. I’ve just text my Dad who were travelling with to tell him no extension. I think I’ll just chuck the balance on my credit card - then if it’s cancelled I’m not waiting for thousands in my bank for the refund.
No problem! I'm glad I could help!

It may even be worth calling them back and putting on the sob story and saying that you don't want to pay all that money when you have no certainty with your flight and don't know if and when you can enter the country, I know that helped my case! you may end up being able to talk to someone more sympathetic!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m just off the phone with them this morning. No payment extension.

I did ask and he went off to check but said none could be given. Confirmed that cancellation up to 8 days is still loss of deposit only.

My balance is due 16/7 and if BA are going to cancel my flight it’s likely not going to done until end July if their previous months’ cancellation patterns are anything to go by.

Amended my duration down from ten nights to five so I have a much smaller balance due now anyway.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

I'm due to fly on 6th September, spoke to guest relations and had a note put on my file for payment for 35 days beforehand, it shouldn't be done and the main number staff didn't do it. I have the whole package booked with them and the agreement was (already paid deposit) that I would have to pay the flight costs as soon as accepted that we wanted to still go, but the rest was 35 days beforehand and I can cancel 35 days beforehand for a full refund, spoke to a few Guest Relations cast members to get them each to put a note on file/check file for note. So we have until 3rd August to make a decision unless the decision is taken out of our hands.
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

Just to add, before the June 12th email came out, there was a new terms added that said any bookings up to 3rd October could cancel for a full refund, it doesn't show it now, but apparently it does still apply.
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Taggie View Post
Just to add, before the June 12th email came out, there was a new terms added that said any bookings up to 3rd October could cancel for a full refund, it doesn't show it now, but apparently it does still apply.
Ah good to know! Might give them a ring back as they definitely said the last time I spoke to them that I could have a deadline extension
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Just to update. Got confirmation from Disney today that my balance due date has been moved to 6/8. Thanks for the help!
Old 6 Jul 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
elshabba
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by WeHeartOrlando View Post
Just to update. Got confirmation from Disney today that my balance due date has been moved to 6/8. Thanks for the help!
I might have to give them a call back then as I noticed your trip is in September too! Was it just a different cast member you spoke to this time? Did you call back today? I wish they would be consistent with their info.