Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jul 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Radel
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Flights for summer 2021

I would be grateful of any advise as to when the best time to book flights is given we are planning (hoping) to go next summer
Thanks for any assistance
Radel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nazzer
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Flights go on sale 11 months approx of departure date. Monitor the price for a while and when you see the price you like buy them. Are you tied to school holidays? Normally last few weeks of August are bit cheaper and parks quieter. Will get a cheaper indirect flight rather than direct. Flying mid week can be cheaper too. Good luck
Nazzer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Take a look at Google flights as that has a price history graph. I think all bets are off for current sale patterns with COVID-19. I haven’t booked flights with cash for a long time but seem to remember January being a sweet spot. Booking later would be wise so you can see what’s happening over there. With BA adding a car can result in a cheaper price and means you only pay a deposit as it’s a holiday.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

All bets are off no one has any idea what these costs could be.
I honestly couldn't say.
I wouldn't buy any flights though unless I've got valid insurance.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am going to wait much later than usual as I doubt any pre existing travel Insurance (mine is through the bank) will be valid until there is a vaccine for COVID 19. I’ve paid a £150 deposit with Disney and am prepared to lose that. My normal advice would be to research historic prices for your travel dates then check daily until you find a price you are willing to pay. Then don’t look again.
Old 22 Jul 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
It's very difficult to predict at the moment, but normally the best flight prices are just after they are released, Black Friday and the Boxing Day sales. We always fly direct but I often see good deals for indirect flights if your happy to do it that way. Summer school holidays are always the highest priced, as a rough guide direct will be around £800 - £900pp. If you can go the last 2 weeks of August then prices may be slightly cheaper depending on which airport you fly from and the date you return. We sometimes fly from Glasgow as the schools go back in the middle of August. I think for next year we are just going to wait and see, there are so many things to factor in, the collapse of TC, Virgin using smaller planes and of course CV-19. I agree with scoobydooby, set a budget, do some research on historic prices from your airport and once you book never look again.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Book as soon as you see a price you are happy with. Its not the year to be playing games with the pricing

Personally I wish I could get a refund for my May/June flights
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

We just paid for our April/May '21 flights.
We paid about 145 pound (p.p) more for the same (cancelled) flight this year.
But we can change them, which can be important
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looked at flight prices for May as we moved our WDW booking back a year until then. Having seen the prices we simply will not be going with Virgin. Maybe TUI
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Looked at flight prices for May as we moved our WDW booking back a year until then. Having seen the prices we simply will not be going with Virgin. Maybe TUI
Yes, Virgin prices are crazy at the moment.

As demand is expected to stay weak until 2023, I would expect some softening of flight prices especially off peak. Remember even before Covid, Virgin we’re struggling to fill their 747’s outside of school holidays. One flight had less than 80 people on board!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List