Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Jul 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
rach19
Imagineer

rach19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Another great day, thank you for sharing. It’s really bittersweet not knowing when you will be back. We had planned for this year after a 5 year break but sadly not to be. We are now planning for 2022 and really hoping that DS (who will then be 24) and DD (who will then be 18) will want to come with us.
Cabana bay, gulf coast and Miami Aug 2018
All Star Music and Dolphin split stay Aug/Sept 2022
rach19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

“nearly as good as Wishes!“
Wow I never thought I’d hear you say that, HEA must be good.
Btw I’m not crying, you’re crying 😂😢😭
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Aw really enjoyed reading this, quite an emotional day and read. It is a strange feeling after so many years. I’m sure you will be back there soon.
Thank you, really appreciate your words as I never know how it will sound when anyone reads it!
It was an emotional day and even as I type this we are living days at home still wishing we were in our happy place.
It is strange to think that in the morning in real time July 30th it will be our 21st wedding anniversary - and we have spent the last 10 of those in Florida

We will be back - just like everyone else who has a yearning for the most magical place on earth.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great last visit for now to MK with lots done and some great photos love the last one

Joan
Thanks Joan,

As always appreciate your words after every day

Have to admit, there are loads of photos in this day that will stand the test of time - the Peter Pan one especially and the Splash Mountain ones have a totally different feel in light of the announcement about the changes.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
“nearly as good as Wishes!“
Wow I never thought I’d hear you say that, HEA must be good.
Btw I’m not crying, you’re crying 😂😢😭

I never thought I would say it either HEA just works in a different way - and it has taken me a while to actually 'get' it.
Still think that the final 3 mins of Wishes nails it though

I read your reply and then reread all the words that I had typed and I joined you

That was one tough departure of MK.
Just wait until our next day and we tried to leave Epcot, and we never even stayed for fireworks

Appreciate all your words and reading over all these years and we are so close to getting to the very end - I'm not looking forward to posting the rest

I will get there as always !

Old 31 Jul 20, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
Once again many thanks for posting what was a brilliant, emotional last day in WDW.

Will you venture back? That is the million dollar question!

Thanks again and hope you and the family are staying safe!
Thank you !

Glad you enjoyed it, I have to admit I too find it difficult to re- read and not get caught up in the emotion of it.

Will we venture back? We have to - irrespective of the theme parks our hearts lie in our happy place, I would go and self isolate on Anna Maria Island right now if I could !

Who knows when that will be though

Thanks for reading and hope you are all safe and well too

Old 31 Jul 20, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sueandco View Post
A great last visit to MK, at the moment we have no idea when we may go back but do know it won’t be soon.
Can’t wait for the rest.
Thank you Sue - as we left that night, who would have thought what the world would be 12 months later

We can all only wait for the new chapter of the WDW adventure, who knows just what that will look like for any of us travelling from the Uk

Hope you enjoy all the days that follow

Old 31 Jul 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Lovely... just flippin lovely! Perfect way to spend your last day at WDW. I know that heavy legged feeling when the turnstile clicks and you leave MK for the last time. We know we will be back in 21 or 22 but the uncertainty of the last 6 months and into the future leaves us without a solid plan and a profoundly Disney shaped gap in our lives.
I'm interested to hear why you have no further Disney plans, but let me tell you something my Alarm loving friend... For me, just like the best Alarm songs, the experiences and memories I have made with my family at this wonderful place will walk forever by my side. They nourish me when times are hard and I know that having invested in 4 trips so far, we have a few more in us before we are ready to stop making memories in Florida. Thanks again for a lovely trip report, a great read and a beautiful window for me to peer through and re-live my own Disney adventures.

Thanks - The Kidd

Edited at 02:46 PM.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Ilovesnowwhite View Post
A truly magical last day at MK A day of fun, and sadness.
xx
Thank you - that sums it up perfectly - as much as I love the fun , I really hate leaving MK for the last time in any trip.
xx

Appreciate you reading and hope you enjoy the rest of the trip with us too

Old 31 Jul 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
Love your photos, particularly the one of you all looking at the castle at night hugging. Brought a tear to my eye!

Sorry if I've missed something on here but why was it your last visit for a while?
I love looking at those photos too - they really sum it all up. We seriously did not want to leave that night.

As for final visit - it was always intended that we were going to have time off in 2020. After that Josh turns 18 and I did not feel it fair to keep writing holiday stuff once he heads to where ever he goes in the future.

There is a huge other reason, that will be explained properly at the very end of the Trip report. It is worth sticking with us to find out as it is No spoilers until then though

Appreciate you asking as there is one thing that is missing in this report in comparison to most of the others and it impacts the ending