Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Aug 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile Tag Heuer batteries

I went to put my Tag on at the weekend and noticed it needs a new battery.

I bought it in 2010 and it had a new battery in 2016 so a bit disappointed that it hasn’t lasted a little longer.

I took it to a Tag shop and they had to send it away, cost £75 for the new battery and I remember they phoned and said it needed a full service which I declined. Can’t remember how much they wanted now but I know I’d read online that they routinely phone and state that a service is required when watches are sent only for a battery change 😡

I’m sure it took a couple of weeks too which just seems unnecessary.

I’m wondering now if it’s worth getting them to change the battery or if I can go elsewhere 🤷 the watch isn’t under warrant so not sure what difference it makes.

Anybody able to offer any advice?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I’d send it away to be done by them. I had a Tag watch years ago & had the battery replaced on the cheap once, it lost its water resistance as hadn’t been sealed properly.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Timpsons can change them, and have pressure testing facilities in store to guarantee the water resistance.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Timpsons can change them, and have pressure testing facilities in store to guarantee the water resistance.
That’s good to know, I’m sure years ago I had another watch battery changed by them and they said they couldn’t guarantee water resistance as they couldn’t test it, they’ve obviously moved on from that.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I change the battery myself in my tag. Ladies Link. It needs changing every two years and I got sick of paying £50 and waiting three weeks for it.

I got a watch opener tool and I get the correct batteries from eBay for about £1.50. It’s very simple. However as above I don’t wear it in water. If you want it to be waterproof if needs the pressure test done.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

My husband had his changed at a Timpsons last week, £65 for lifetime batteries.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
I change the battery myself in my tag. Ladies Link. It needs changing every two years and I got sick of paying £50 and waiting three weeks for it.

I got a watch opener tool and I get the correct batteries from eBay for about £1.50. It’s very simple. However as above I don’t wear it in water. If you want it to be waterproof if needs the pressure test done.
I don’t wear mine in water but would prefer to keep it that way. Good to know it’s easy to do though.
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
I did this the other day too it’s pricey but it’s a lifetime so it’s worth it ..
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
I need a new battery in mine so I'll try Timpsons thanks

Edited at 10:28 PM.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Libby29 View Post
I did this the other day too it’s pricey but it’s a lifetime so it’s worth it ..
Considering I paid £75 for 1 battery from Tag 6 years ago it sounds like a bargain to me