Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Sep 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
I did it, albeit many years ago now.

It was good at first, but it turned only a few weeks in. Firstly there was the pressure to sell, sell, sell all the time. My manager would be on at me to book in more parties constantly. Despite being told you could work when you liked, they wanted a set number of parties a week and a set amount of cash a week.

Obviously they can’t put you under any pressure for parties right now due to Covid, that will change once restrictions ease again!

Then there was the state of some of the parties. Not to be rude, but you’re going into strangers homes, and you don’t know who is going to be there. I remember going to host one in the next town over, seemed fine at first, but after an hour they were all plastered and trying to nick my products. They then all started arguing amongst themselves and it got pretty lairy.

I don’t scare easily, but I was completely out off after that, I just didn’t feel safe going into strangers homes, knowing they would be drinking as to them it was an actual party, or a way of getting a free makeover before a night out!

There is a lady comes into my works selling stuff mega cheap. It’s all excess stock or things she has won in promotions, so it’s money straight into her pocket. She’s a large area manager, and despite wanting to buy from her, I’ve had to stop. She literally won’t leave me alone! Every time she knows I’m there, she nags me constantly to sign up to do parties. She also had my phone number, as the items I wasted she didn’t have with her so would call me to deliver when I was on shift. I had to block her as the messages were constant! She was even telling me about her kids, and her son having an accident in school. She sent me pictures and everything! If she’s in now, I avoid the canteen and break room like the plague. I’d rather pay full price in an actual store
Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m not the kind of person to pressure people into buying. I did contact some friends just to find out if any of them used Body Shop products & most of them said they usually only buy the odd bit. I do have others groups of friends & work, but I don’t think this is for me.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by hols2florida View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m not the kind of person to pressure people into buying. I did contact some friends just to find out if any of them used Body Shop products & most of them said they usually only buy the odd bit. I do have others groups of friends & work, but I don’t think this is for me.
It’s so hard at the moment isn’t it? Between furlough and everyone having hours cut, we’re all in need of ways to bring in more money!
Fingers crossed you find something, honestly, I love Bodyshop products but I couldn’t recommend anyone to sell for them and live with myself
Xx