Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Mar 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I do hope Emma can cope with the changes at the moment, it must be very difficult. Even without existing problems, this is putting a strain on everyone’s mental health so I can understand how hard it is for Emma and your family. Big hugs to you all xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Sending supportive wishes for you all Buryboy x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Cheers guys.
I really think in the circumstances emma is doing better than maybe expected. A few eating gripes here and there but nothing too dramatic, and the general anxiety around the whole scenario is really limited, I expected something along the lines of what Julia is going through ( :-( ) , seems like until and if we get to the point where she is completely off work, we MAY just survive ok .

Mary , thank you so much for the very kind offer. Thankfully , we have lots of supermarkets near us - it's not ideal traipsing round , but so long as things don't get worse, I am sure we will manage.
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Hopefully Emma is not furloughed this week and has the stability of routine to help her through this but I know M & S has now started the process. With all staff deployed to Food Halls there is now too many staff in a lot of stores and the management now have the difficult task of working out who stays working and who is furloughed (on full pay).
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Hopefully Emma is not furloughed this week and has the stability of routine to help her through this but I know M & S has now started the process. With all staff deployed to Food Halls there is now too many staff in a lot of stores and the management now have the difficult task of working out who stays working and who is furloughed (on full pay).
She has offered to stay .
I was quite surprised that seemingly a lot of people have said the same.
I thought a good number would be happy to be furloughed on full pay and without the same virus risk, and that management would have to keep staff on even though they didn't really want to be there , but it appears at her store, that management will have to choose to furlough some staff that are happy to work
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

It sounds like you are all doing the very best you can in the current situation, hang in there...

Very best wishes to you and your family x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
She has offered to stay .
I was quite surprised that seemingly a lot of people have said the same.
I thought a good number would be happy to be furloughed on full pay and without the same virus risk, and that management would have to keep staff on even though they didn't really want to be there , but it appears at her store, that management will have to choose to furlough some staff that are happy to work
Quite a lot have volunteered in our store too but just waiting to hear what the outcome is and what shifts we will be working (or not).
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Quite a lot have volunteered in our store too but just waiting to hear what the outcome is and what shifts we will be working (or not).
DD Got her phone call this morning.
She is being furloughed

Despite the 100% pay , it's not really want DD wanted. Or us. She needs to have a focus to stop the wallowing.

She will be climbing the walls in a bit ( hopefully at least after she has painted them)
Old 4 Apr 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Sorry to hear that. It's a challenging situation in any circumstances, but appreciate doubly difficult for her.

Good luck with the decorating plans. We have tins and brushes aplenty but none of the missing incredient. Ah yes. Motivation !

Jokes aside I am finding that forcing myself to get up ever day at the same.time and forcing a routine on myself (albeit false) is really helping me get through this otherwise could easily ape my kids and live between 8pm and 8 am and not make a peep during daylight hours.
Like hamsters.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
DD Got her phone call this morning.
She is being furloughed

Despite the 100% pay , it's not really want DD wanted. Or us. She needs to have a focus to stop the wallowing.

She will be climbing the walls in a bit ( hopefully at least after she has painted them)
That's a shame when she had volunteered to work as it would have kept her in a stable routine and I hope she can find a new hobby or interest to focus on meantime. I also got the same call but am relieved that can visit my vulnerable 78 year old Mum more often to take her shopping round and do her housework etc as no other family nearby.

Edited at 10:42 PM.