Notices

Old 18 Sep 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
We have 2 weeks in Essex 🙌
When is it ?

I am moving home in October and furnishing me new place from furniture I have in storage in Essex so selfishly I donít want my plans effected

Megaflyer

2020 is the year I decided to stand up to bullies and win
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

We are in Essex but only get one at both primary and the secondary. I know of a couple that get the two weeks though.
Old 18 Sep 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

We don't! Apart from private schools of course.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
When is it ?

I am moving home in October and furnishing me new place from furniture I have in storage in Essex so selfishly I donít want my plans effected
2 weeks from the 26th October, this is in Grays & also Westcliff on sea 😎
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
VIP Dibber

2 weeks from the 26th October, this is in Grays & also Westcliff on sea 😎
Thanks

Megaflyer

2020 is the year I decided to stand up to bullies and win
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I'd prefer we keep doing what we've been doing: hit the Midlands, North, parts of Scotland and parts of Wales with localised (if somewhat large) lockdowns whilst enabling us down South to keep on keeping on.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Very Serious Dibber

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Joellybum View Post
Wow! I could say the same thing about people that have been furloughed but I would never be so rude! (Or begrudge anyone getting any money) Am I not allowed to worry about how my family will manage? I have many friends who run limited companies, and others who have only recently become self employed and havenít received a penny. Itís not a game of one-upmanship. Iím telling my own experience - I have only started earning more the past two years so the amount I received is based on a much smaller income than I have been getting. If I were a single mother I would have not been able to live on what I received. Itís hard for a lot of people, you donít know my situation or financial status so donít judge.
It wasn't meant to be rude (although reading it back it certainly was very sharp).

You just caught an open wound.

The fact that so many of us would have loved to have had the help you got made me feel upset that you were not happy that you actually got help.

I guess the real target of my angst here wasn't you it should have been the government for their rules and discrimination. You just were the easy target to take it out on.

I should have behaved better, I hope you can accept this apology.
123 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Apprentice Imagineer

No one is stopping me from having my week away in October. I have 4 nights booked for the 1st week of half term and I fully intend on going.
2018 - First visit for my daughter and as a family
Bolto6 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Joellybum
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
It wasn't meant to be rude (although reading it back it certainly was very sharp).

You just caught an open wound.

The fact that so many of us would have loved to have had the help you got made me feel upset that you were not happy that you actually got help.

I guess the real target of my angst here wasn't you it should have been the government for their rules and discrimination. You just were the easy target to take it out on.

I should have behaved better, I hope you can accept this apology.
Thanks for the apology. Like I said, we have many friends in the same situation as you. We know people in the pub trade that have lost thousands and been charged full rent all throughout lockdown. We know how frustrating and worrying it is. Iíve had many sleepless nights over the past 6 months. To put things into perspective about me being ungrateful - I got for 3 months what I earn in 2 weeks. So far from 70%, and spread over 3 months very little to live on. With a curfew or lockdown looming we will now lose work that weíve just booked and at the moment there is no word of any provision from the government to help those affected. There have been so many people overlooked in all of this mess.
Joellybum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
Would this be just in time for school holidays...

bbc/news/uk-54199642
just please keep the access to schools unchanged til after the A levels - mid October. Having spent so long studying so hard after the complete hash they made, my daughter would be distraught if it were to be all for nothing (AGAIN).
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List