Notices

Old 23 May 15, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jo_potton
Earning My Ears

Just the six of us - Pre Trip report - October/November 2015

Hi Everyone
This is so exciting to me, I have read so many trip reports over the last couple of years and I think I'm nearly as excited about writing this trip report as actually going on the holiday. (well actually may be not!)

So we are myself, Jo, planner and Florida enthusiast. I went to Florida numerous times as a kid and this will be the forth trip with our own children.

My husband Mark, he also visited Florida as a child and loves fast rides and theme parks as much as me, though he won't admit it!

Then there are our 4 children, Adam 12, Matthew 10, Eloise 8 and Olivia 4.

We visited in 2006, 2009 (when we actually got married at the wedding pavilion) and 2013

[IMG]/Users/markpotton/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/Masters/2014/05/01/20140501-125223/042.JPG[/IMG]

I'm not sure if that photo worked, I need to work out how to upload photos, but that is us in 2013. My youngest daughter absolutely hates having her picture taken, so in most pictures she looks like she is in a foul mood, but actually she is fine

The Plans
So we are flying out with Virgin Atlantic direct on Monday 26th October and we are staying for 16 nights.

So far the flights are booked and the accommodation for the first 7 nights. When I was searching for accommodation, I didn't consider Disney as its so expensive with there being 6 of us and there is not much choice of resorts with the bigger rooms. Anyway, I read on here that the US dining plan was released and it included some of our dates. So long story short, I booked the Art of Animation resort from 26/10 - 1/11 which includes 7 day hopper MYW tickets and Quick service dining plan via the US Disney site. It was such a good price so it was a no brainer, but the cut off date is 1/11, so I am now looking at accommodation for the last 9 days. I have the list down to either Floridays resort or Vista Cay, so watch this space!

Apart from that I just need to book the Dodge Caravan, probably via Alamo Brits as again a great price of about £400 for the 16 nights.

With regard to ADR's I have only booked two, Hollywood and Vine because my little girl loves Sofia the first and Arkeaus Hall at Epcot to meet the princesses. My little one wants to do the Pirates league mermaid makeover rather than the BBB, so I need to call up and book that.

Tickets - we have the Disney tickets and we have personalised the bands already, but we need the Universal and sea world tickets. My kids are real adrenaline junkies so they have pleaded that we go to Busch Gardens this time and I somehow think that we will need to go on Manta and kraken too, so might go for the Orlando flex ticket, we will see.

So thats as far as I have got and Im looking forward to planning over the next few months!
jo_potton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 15, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jo_potton
Earning My Ears

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/albu...ictureid=52484
jo_potton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 15, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jo_potton
Earning My Ears

OK thats the picture, but you have to click on it, Im now going to go away and work out how to this properly!
Old 24 May 15, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Capt Wilko
Trying for More Ears

Sounds like a fab holiday and great photo of you all (I don't know how to load photos either).

Can't comment on Floridays but stayed at Vista Cay in 2012 and 2014 and it was in a great location for Universal and Seaworld and really easy to get on the I4 for the Disney Parks.

Close to I-Drive for restaurants etc but on much quieter roads. Also right next to a Publix.

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans