Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Aug 19, 03:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile 4 people, 2 weeks, 1 room! Offsite trip report, Friday 16th perkins & cinema

We decided we should eat a proper breakfast as that's the meal we remember most from our last trip... we're just never hungry in the morning here! We went to perkins, it was fairly busy and we had to wait a while for our food to come out.
dd had milk which is most unusual and ds had lemonade...hes got a taste for the strong flavour of it here. I had coffee and Cecil had tea.
I had the bayou shrimp skillet with banana nut muffin. The skillet was different, I liked it but wouldn't order it again as felt more like lunch!

Cecil had triple egg dare ya, think he just goes for biggest thing on menu tbh!

Ds had pancake dippers which had bacon cooked in them, he had a side of bacon too and a cookie!

Dd had grilled cheese with bacon side, she ate half the sandwich but the second half only had a sliver of cheese it was just dry toast so they replaced it and bought out more bacon for her! She had a cookie too. Kids also shared some tater tots.

The kids breakfast deal is a bargain.
We went to Disney springs and watched toy story 4 at the dine in theatre... now I've tried reclining heated seats our local cinema is going to feel rubbish!
You have a button to call someone if you need anything, I had a Tito tide pool cocktail which was lovely, he bought s water with it without me asking which was nice. Cecil had a bud and kids had soft drinks which were refillable even though they didn't. It was nice to have a glass rather than paper cup.

We had 2 lots of boneless wings and 2 lots of loaded fries between us, it was quite expensive seeings we had already paid $50 for tickets and the food wasn't good, wings were dry and lukewarm and fries were drenched in that awful American cheese sauce, we thought the fries were topped with cheese and bacon not cheese sauce, our fault for not reading the menu properly. Couldn't pic as too dark. Wouldn't choose dine in again.

After the cinema we walked around a bit and me and dd had cookie dough cones from the cookie dough van. Both were delicious but we should have shared, I still have half of mine as I couldn't bear to throw it away. They were about $5 each, mine was chic chip, dd had monster which was sugar dough with choc drops I think.

We actually had some Disney magic as in planet Hollywood someone gave us $10 voucher off $30 spend! Wish I could have said thanks properly, they gave it to Cecil and hes not the most chatty guy.. think it took him a moment to figure out what they were doing but which time they had gone!
We then went to islands of adventure and did the Kong ride which was amazing and flight of the hippogriff and watched the light show on the castle, dd then got a hoodie from hard rock and I looked around the chocolate emporium but didn't buy anything, I'm tempted by the macarons but is it ever quiet enough to look properly in there?! I've also still not had voodoo doughnuts! Step count 18500 today, I've only got little legs and I'm feeling it now!
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Breakfast looks lovely.You definitely get spoilt with the seats in their cinemas !
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Love a perkins breakfast!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List