Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Sep 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
amandathepanda
Imagineer

Sheraton vistana resort villages I drive or Floridays

We have stayed at floridays many times before. The last time we stayed 2 years ago we had a few cleanliness issues, and thought it was looking a bit tired. We are looking at other condos in the area as would like to try something different. We are going in June next year and not doing the parks as just me and DH this time. A nice quiet pool would be good, seen good things about Sheraton villages on I drive and see some of rooms have been refurbished, can anyone recommend whether we should just go back to floridays or maybe try something different. Thanks.
Old 4 Sep 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We have stayed at both and enjoyed them but if I had to chose imy favourite it would probably be the Vistana. It seemed a little less dated and was very clean. We opted out of the housekeeping and used the credit in the onsite shop and also to order food to the room which was very good. When we requested towels, loo rolls etc they were brought within 10 mins and staff always asked could they do anything else to help. The grounds and pool areas were very well kept, there were a number of barbecue areas that you could use also. There were lots of activities available for the children if you have time. I seem to remember that some pools were much quieter than others. We would definitely stay there again if it was a similar price to Floridays.

Edited at 09:55 AM.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Imho Vistana all the way. My parents stayed at Floridays just after Easter this year. It was their first stay. We went to visit them and frankly were shocked. It’s looking very tired and there were definitely hygiene and bug issues aplenty. They were booked to return but have now cancelled and are going to stay at Sheraton Vistana Resort which they much prefer!
Ps they have also stayed previously and were happy with the Villages.
We’ve stayed at both the Sheraton properties before and would happily do so again but floridays is a no way Jose for us sorry.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

I have stayed at both. Floridays has had some blocks refurbished so I would ask for one of those apartments if you choose Floridays. Vistana Villages is a large complex and gated. It is a proper complex which Floridays isn’t. I would stay at either again but my preference would be Vistana Villages.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Loved Vistana
Old 4 Sep 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Just back from Vistana and loved it.

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
amandathepanda
Imagineer

Have the rooms been refurbished ?
Old 6 Sep 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Stayed at both and just back from the Vistana.

We stayed in a refurbished room there, They are closing a block or two at a time for a complete overhaul. No issues at all whist there.
Old 11 Oct 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by srh View Post
Stayed at both and just back from the Vistana.

We stayed in a refurbished room there, They are closing a block or two at a time for a complete overhaul. No issues at all whist there.
I'm glad they are refurbing the rooms and as the one we first got was disgusting and very tired. We were given a "better" room which was just higher up in a different block was just as bad. The picture was just half an hour of walking around on the carpet.

We were given a Key West room after arguing with the deputy manager for ages and it was night and day better.

Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
amandathepanda
Imagineer

I changed our booking from Floridays to vistana villages, hope I’ve made the right decision 😬
We are going in June so hopefully all the rooms will be refurbished by then.
What were the pool areas like.